Racism Part two

Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I was taking about more to come out on Azeem. But with the bias, no one will elbe able to say anything against him now, especially in the media.

But what's the relevancy?

Even it turns about he's a Nazi word removed who's been throwing around anti-seminism and not just on this one occasion, does it make the long-term institutional racism suffered by him and his Pakistani colleagues at YCCC not exist? Are you basically saying that the racism towards him and other Asians was justified? I'm just completely lost what your argument is.

If a black guy calls you a honky and you reply with the n word you're both racist words removed. It doesn't make either side ok.

Edited by StefanAVFC

Just now, foreveryoung said:

I was taking about more to come out on Azeem. But with the bias, no one will elbe able to say anything against him now, especially in the media.

They already have said stuff against him. Nobody thinks he’s perfect.

You’re seeing bias where there isn’t any.

What more is there to come out? You’ve repeated this line now and it’s not making you look great atm. Are you just speculating and hoping?

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Is holding someone down and making them drink wine racist??

I mean this in a positive, constructive way. Get yourself some education.

The redcard.org are great, we’ve done work with them at my local club. Easy going, non judgemental, genuinely interesting.

4 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

If they're a Muslim and they can't drink due to their faith, of course it **** is.

Is holding a Jew down and forcing them to eat pork anti-semitic? 

But he did drink, an actually became a achoholic. 

I have not once justified the racism he endured..

I won't comment anymore, cause any opinions that don't suit the narrative are getting people on there high horse and I don't wanna leave being labeled as has happened before to a few.

Just now, foreveryoung said:

But he did drink, an actually became a achoholic. 

I have not once justified the racism he endured..

I won't comment anymore, cause any opinions that don't suit the narrative are getting people on there high horse and I don't wanna leave being labeled as has happened before to a few.

But at the time he didn't drink, and they held him down and forced him to drink because they knew he couldn't due to his faith.

I'm just completely lost to what your point is.

He said awful things too. Even if he didn't apologise for it, it still doesn't change the fact that prominant members of Yorkshire CCC were racist, not only on one or two occasions but systematically and consistently.

29 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

But what's the relevancy?

Even it turns about he's a Nazi word removed who's been throwing around anti-seminism and not just on this one occasion, does it make the long-term institutional racism suffered by him and his Pakistani colleagues at YCCC not exist? Are you basically saying that the racism towards him and other Asians was justified? I'm just completely lost what your argument is.

If a black guy calls you a honky and you reply with the n word you're both racist words removed. It doesn't make either side ok.

someone on my feed retweeted GB News a few days ago and i made a mistake of looking in the replies. the majority effectively said that it's totally justified because of the rotherham grooming gangs. still much, much more work to be done it seems...

Gary Balance admitted calling him a p**i. I'm amazed there are still people who don't think the word is racist.

And, as someone on Twitter pointed out, Rafiq making racist statements as a youth player really doesn't make the culture less racist.

39 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

But at the time he didn't drink, and they held him down and forced him to drink because they knew he couldn't due to his faith.

I'm just completely lost to what your point is.

He said awful things too. Even if he didn't apologise for it, it still doesn't change the fact that prominant members of Yorkshire CCC were racist, not only on one or two occasions but systematically and consistently.

He was also only 15 when they did that to him, from what I read.  Absolutely vile behaviour.

Alex Hales caught in blackface at a party when he was younger.  It doesn't do his defence about naming his dog much good.  The guy must be one of the stupidest people ever to play professional sport.

Its all going a bit crazy now - claims that Rafiq sent 'creepy' messages to a 16yo, when he was 24. 

Seems as though they are now trying to dig any dirt up on him that they can. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Xela said:

Its all going a bit crazy now - claims that Rafiq sent 'creepy' messages to a 16yo, when he was 24. 

Seems as though they are now trying to dig any dirt up on him that they can. 

Whistleblowers always get destroyed. He’s a brave man.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ml1dch said:

This really isn't the mind-blowing gotcha that you think it is.

I am trying to make the point ... that not everyone thinks being called a Brit is a positive thing. You don't know how much of a gotcha I think it is. If you do please explain it. 

I understand Paki is used a slur. It is also used as an abbreviation of Pakistani. And actually the word Paki is quite nice as it apparently derives from the Farsi word for Pure. But I agree the average Brit won't actually bother to look up the etymology of the word Pak.

Incidentally, the suffix stan also comes from the Farsi ... it has a fanciful literal translation, but effectively it means province.

Â