Racism Part two

Demitri_C

Any word can be made racist, if used in the right context.

I doubt the decent folk shouting things like "go home you paki bastard!" Were thinking of the "pure" aspects of the word.

I used to call my school friend Ashfaq paki, and he used to call me whitey or other such things.  It's racist on both ends, but it was our little "thing"? Used endearingly.  He was the only mate I'd say that too.  And I wouldn't say it now..  this was maybe 16 years ago.  It's wrong.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sidcow said:

Is it me or has the ludicrous booing of the taking of the knee before kick off finally died? I've heard nothing but clapping the last few games. 

Vindication for the keep it going campaign, it's shut up the clearings in the woods and not let them win.

I've been to VP, St Mary's, Stamford Bridge and Spurs this season at not heard it at any.

I would assume Millwall still do it considering 99% of the fan base were against it (their forum was a horrifying read).

Edited by Wainy316
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

When we played Palace I noticed their winger ( a black guy ) didnt kneel,what does that mean ?

Assuming it's Zaha, he doesn't kneel. He said something like (I could Google bit the exact wording is unimportant) it's a broader issue than just footballers. 

• 3 weeks later...

Watched a Louie Theroux documentary last night . He was in South Africa where the white folk there want their own republic . Was very interesting. I knew there was problems there , but didn’t fully know the history . Quite interesting country . They blame the British for the current situation . 

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Watched a Louie Theroux documentary last night . He was in South Africa where the white folk there want their own republic . Was very interesting. I knew there was problems there , but didn’t fully know the history . Quite interesting country . They blame the British for the current situation . 

The beardy racist, Eugene Terre'Blanche got hacked to death a couple of years after that doc.

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

That's a very polite way of saying Nazi word removed

Oh yeah they were so one dimensional in their thinking you could not reason with them, although that one bloke who admitted he was racist wanted  whites and blacks to have equal rights, but said they shouldn’t mix . The bloke in question who got killed came across as pretty dangerous . 

This is another interesting racism related Louis Theroux episode.  That bit where Metzger goes on the piss in Mexico (Tijuana maybe) with Louis in tow sticks with me.

Louis and the Nazis (TV Movie 2003) - IMDb

Louis Theroux travels to California to meet the man dubbed "the most dangerous racist in America"; Tom Metzger, his family and his publicity manager. Louis also meets 'Prussian Blue' an American white-nationalist preteen musical sibling duo.

Edited by Wainy316

21 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

This is another interesting racism related Louis Theroux episode.  That bit where Metzger goes on the piss in Mexico (Tijuana maybe) with Louis in tow sticks with me.

Louis and the Nazis (TV Movie 2003) - IMDb

Are Lnyx and Lamb still going?

On 24/12/2021 at 00:12, Rugeley Villa said:

If you're interested in Terre'Blanche, it's also worth checking out two Nick Broomfield documentaries, The Leader, His Driver, and The Driver's Wife and the follow up His Big White Self.

As always with early Broomfield, you have to watch with a slightly skeptical eye, but they're very revealing of the mindset of politically committed supporters of apartheid. 

As an aside, the libel case that followed the release of the first film is objectively very funny - you can see why Tom Sharpe wrote the way he did - and you don't need to look too far for a description as Wikipedia has a good summary under the first film's entry. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â