Racism Part two

Demitri_C

15 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Can someone tell me what they think of this.

If you work for the nhs you have to do something called e learning which is mandatory for all staff on  various different things eg fire training, information governance etc.

So the one i had to do is a new one called intervening and helping prevent terrorism.

One of the questions asked select the two correct answers form the three below answers.

Question was- what can be deemed as potential red flags for terrorism:

Someone trying to influence and enforce controversial religious views

Recruiting others to spread hate

Reading islam.

I was quite shocked someone felt the last answer was appropriate as you know there will be some stupid people who put that as one of their answers.

It's so that racist idiots will click it and then presumably it comes up and says you're wrong and explains how there is nothing wrong with being a muslim.

The country is full of idiots who are scared of Islam and genuinely think Islam = terrorism

I really don't see the issue. It's no different to courses I do that say "A supplier offers you a new car to choose them as a preferred supplier. SHould you A. Accept the car B. Refuse the car C. Refuse the car and report the incident to your manager"

The wrong answer(s) is there to tell you it's wrong 

• Like 4

We had an e-learning; one of the questions was something like 'Who is responsible for the overall running of the company?' and the answers were 'CEO' 'CIO' 'COVID-19'

I reckon people add joke answers for a laugh tbh

25 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

We had an e-learning; one of the questions was something like 'Who is responsible for the overall running of the company?' and the answers were 'CEO' 'CIO' 'COVID-19'

I reckon people add joke answers for a laugh tbh

COVID-19 is dictating a lot of corporate decision making tbf

3 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Brilliant,  I love watching stuff like that.

I presume you don't mean 'watching dogs being trained to savage a black man that their owners dislike for political reasons', but that's literally what the video is.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I presume you don't mean 'watching dogs being trained to savage a black man that their owners dislike for political reasons', but that's literally what the video is.

It's about the dog's ffs.  I have a Border Collie / German Shepherd cross and I have trained him to do the grab the arm thing on me you see.

BUT I have trained him to do it so I don't need anything on my arm (He doesn't bite but hold it with enough power as not to hurt (That much)),  which is quite clever for a dog IMO.

I also like watching "one man and his dog" for the same reasons as I liked this video,  I am a bad person for this as all the sheep were white?  

I don't know how to answer your question,   I was only interested in the dog's and stuff.  (I will keep out the thread in future)

You don't have a very good view of myself if you thought it was about race or politics  but that's literally what you are saying ?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

It's about the dog's ffs.  I have a Border Collie / German Shepherd cross and I have trained him to do the grab the arm thing on me you see.

BUT I have trained him to do it so I don't need anything on my arm (He doesn't bite but hold it with enough power as not to hurt (That much)),  which is quite clever for a dog IMO.

I also like watching "one man and his dog" for the same reasons as I liked this video,  I am a bad person for this as all the sheep were white?  

I don't know how to answer your question,   I was only interested in the dog's and stuff.  (I will keep out the thread in future)

You don't have a very good view of myself if you thought it was about race or politics  but that's literally what you are saying ?

tbf , you could possibly have made it a bit clearer with your original post  , I read back through the thread  after seeing Hanoi's post and did do a double take  at your post  ...  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Well, this is the racism thread (the title is 'Racism Part Two') and the video was posted because the poster thought it was an egregious example of racism.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I thought it was pretty obvious you were only talking about the dogs as you quoted a comment about the dogs 

12 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

tbf , you could possibly have made it a bit clearer with your original post  , I read back through the thread  after seeing Hanoi's post and did do a double take  at your post  ...  

Agreed.  I will be more careful. 

It was a total innocent mistake on my part & I can't be brilliant all the time 😀

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

It's so that racist idiots will click it and then presumably it comes up and says you're wrong and explains how there is nothing wrong with being a muslim.

The country is full of idiots who are scared of Islam and genuinely think Islam = terrorism

I really don't see the issue. It's no different to courses I do that say "A supplier offers you a new car to choose them as a preferred supplier. SHould you A. Accept the car B. Refuse the car C. Refuse the car and report the incident to your manager"

The wrong answer(s) is there to tell you it's wrong 

Yeah can kind of see where your coming from. 

On 04/08/2020 at 09:11, Stevo985 said:

Surely there is some correlation between Islam and terrorism, no matter how peaceful and tolerant that particular religion is. Is it just sophistry to expound the expression most muslims aren't terrorists but most terrorists are muslims ?

14 minutes ago, veloman said:

Surely there is some correlation between Islam and terrorism, no matter how peaceful and tolerant that particular religion is.

There may be. I honestly don't know. But it doesn't change my post.

14 minutes ago, veloman said:

Is it just sophistry to expound the expression most muslims aren't terrorists but most terrorists are muslims ?

Are they?

Edited by Stevo985

53 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I’d be interested to see your workings there.

I reckon currently they could well be in the majority. But you have to be careful that you’re looking at all ‘terrorism’. I don’t reckon many were muslim in the UVF or UDA, the ANC, Shining Path, ETA, IRA, Weather Underground, Bader Meinhoff, Red Hand, FMLN, FARC, Collectivo, Colombian NLA, Khalistan Movement, Contras, Dashmesh... and on and on and on.

We get shown the news that’s deemed relevant to us. Which for whatever reason doesn’t include much from Central America, South America, The Punjab, Africa, Malaysia, Sri Lanka, Madagascar...

Even if  we’re talking about the creation of new states, then I guess ISIS and the Caliphate was pretty enormous. But would you not then count the break up of the Balkans in similar terms? Or the creation of Israel? Or the annexation of Crimea?

One man’s terrorist is another man’s freedom fighter and all that.

Out of interest. How did you know of Dashmesh?

Â