Racism Part two

Demitri_C

18 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

It’s not even a real **** mermaid.

She’s quite clearly in a mermaid tail suit. You can see the join, she’s a different size.

That in itself is Fishist.

There is definitely massive prejudice in the mermaid community against reverse mermaids.

ea58ad53689663.593df315af52d.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

21 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

It’s a tactile top.

Little kids have clothes with different materials. That top has ‘fluffy’ thick brown hair. The words are suggesting this is a wrong mermaid as the hair is dark brown and ‘fluffy’.

So I don’t think you’d buy that top for a girl with stereotypical Afro hair.

Probably not deliberate, just dumb as it reduces their potential market. Like making a toy or a book pink chops the potential sales down by over 50%.

It's just part of a series. My kids have some of these books. It's always that's not my with something to feel inside the book. If this is racist, then we may as well just give up now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

I can still see why people would think it was on the nose though. Would have been a lot simpler if the comment was about the mirror rather than her hair for example.

There’s a bit of a history of black people being shamed for their hair not matching up to white ideals.

There’s an article about it here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/58psLDd9GGWf5SQKSLmmdjD/why-is-black-hair-so-political

Inside the book, there would be a whole host of reasons why that wouldn't be your mermaid. Probably including the mirror being too shiny or something. But a kid feeling the book before purchase would enjoy the feel of the fluffy hair more than a bit of plastic or something. It really is no more than that. 

11 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Inside the book, there would be a whole host of reasons why that wouldn't be your mermaid. Probably including the mirror being too shiny or something. But a kid feeling the book before purchase would enjoy the feel of the fluffy hair more than a bit of plastic or something. It really is no more than that. 

Indeed.

I've checked our copy, final page.

"That's my mermaid, her mirror is so shiny"

• Thanks 1

First they came for the grufallo and I said nothing for I was not a grufallo. 
next they came for the dog on the log and I said nothing for I was not a dog on a log

next they came for mog and I said nothing for I was not mog. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

I’m not suggesting it is deliberately trying to offend or written with malice in mind. Presumably the author wasn’t aware of the connotation and why it could be problematic for some people. 

22 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Not racist. Just stupid.

Edit: Reading more about it, it’s not even stupid. It’s just a bit crap.

In all fairness its target audience is kids, not Michio Kaku

• Haha 1

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

Ex-brexit party candidate

Well I never

The Venn Diagram of All Lives Matter and Brexit throbber is a circle

I’d take a wild guess that he’s an anti masker too. Or even a covid denier. Thinks everyone should be back at work already and anyone who got furloughed is lazy

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I’d take a wild guess that he’s an anti masker too. Or even a covid denier. Thinks everyone should be back at work already and anyone who got furloughed is lazy

**** vegan sausage rolls, PC gone mad.

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

From my experience he doesn’t seem like a covid deniers at all.  They normally think it’s a combination of 5g and some big conspiracy to get us all microchipped.  Doubt the guy in the video thinks that much. 

The anti maskers are a combination of the covid deniers and the ‘I ain’t wearing a f**king mask’ people. Whoever they are.

He’s the ultimate small time criminal chancer.

Started off in and out of prison for burglary.

Then he found god and became an evangelical pastor in one of them funky new churches.

Then decided he wanted to join the Brexit Party.

But is now ‘big’ in the Abolish The Welsh Assembly Party.

He’s simply a bloke that’s finally found easier ways to make some money than breaking in to your nan’s conservatory.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

From my experience he doesn’t seem like a covid deniers at all.  They normally think it’s a combination of 5g and some big conspiracy to get us all microchipped.  Doubt the guy in the video thinks that much. 

The anti maskers are a combination of the covid deniers and the ‘I ain’t wearing a f**king mask’ people. Whoever they are.

They inhabit a small town to the north of Tipton settling where their non mask wearing forefathers of the 2nd world war made their home after saying gas attacks didn't exist 

Edited by Follyfoot

Â