Racism Part two

Demitri_C

13 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Cockerel = Ceiliog (Kay lee og)

The cockerel is on there because it sounds a bit like Kellog.

Kayleeog’s Cornflakes.

True story dat.

Yep, like I said more interesting than the coco pop thing! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

This worlds gone mad. Now having a monkey on coco pops cereal is racist according to fiona onasanya.

Honestly this is pathetic 

As someone said to her on Twitter

"I thought you preferred porridge"

Very good. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

tbf its not "the world"  ..its one person   ... Don't think we need to send people into Tesco to guard the cereal aisles just yet

We do if they nick cakes from trolleys ;) 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

tbf its not "the world"  ..its one person   ... Don't think we need to send people into Tesco to guard the cereal aisles just yet

Spot on i appreciate your point world probably wasnt the right word to use. But lets see if this builds in next few weeks on social media.

Its absolutely ridiculous 

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I'm just going to put it out there that I think all cereal is shit, it's not a meal, and it's one of the worst breakfasts you can possibly have.

Only thing worse than cereal is un heated sandwiches 

39 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Sam Harris' podcast this week is going to cause some controversy. Suffice to say he doesn't think the graph there tells the whole story...

Oh God, if there's one person whose take I'd dread to see it's Sam. Wonder if he's going to dust off the cranium calipers for that.

32 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Oh God, if there's one person whose take I'd dread to see it's Sam. Wonder if he's going to dust off the cranium calipers for that.

Yeah, I bet I don't need to listen to it to get what his take is.

8 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I don't tend to align with him all that often, and I didn't on this occasion either.

He basically says that undoubtedly America has a race problem and the Floyd murder is despicable act born of extremely callous misconduct.

But... He then basically goes on to say that police kill a number of people every year and this is inevitable, and in many cases are perfectly justified in doing so. He then posits that of those deaths the majority are white people. He rubbishes the statistics on pure population split by arguing that crime statistics are more relevant, in which case the figures become much higher for black people and when you accept that police are going to inevitably kill some people, then your going to inevitably end up with considerably more black dead people.

He does concede that it seems police are more likely to use force against black people, of all kinds, but generally they are less likely to kill black people than white, and also that it appears non-white officers are more likely to kill black people than white officers. He also concedes that police are poorly trained on how to deal with many situations, but also that the job is difficult and in many cases the actions of those being arrested contribute to their deaths.

He ends up basically in a rant against the left with a plea to ditch race politics or reap the whirlwind.

• Like 1

Â