Racism Part two

Demitri_C

Shocked about the news about the muppet jailed for pissing... I was convinced he would be a West Ham fan, not Spurs!

That's me £5 down. 

• Haha 1

It's not the main discussion point I'd be raising based on the weekend's events but...she's kind of right, no? It seems the public decency is outraged by pissing within an unspecified range of a memorial, and I think we need our top legal minds to be reviewing the case law to check what that range is. Within a foot of a policeman's memorial is clearly unacceptable, even if you're aiming away from it. What about within a yard of a memorial bench? Does the direction and trajectory matter? These are all questions I think need to be answered. Is it the piss that's offensive, or the proximity of exposed genitals; what if you decant the piss into a super soaker?

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It's not the main discussion point I'd be raising based on the weekend's events but...she's kind of right, no? It seems the public decency is outraged by pissing within an unspecified range of a memorial, and I think we need our top legal minds to be reviewing the case law to check what that range is. Within a foot of a policeman's memorial is clearly unacceptable, even if you're aiming away from it. What about within a yard of a memorial bench? Does the direction and trajectory matter? These are all questions I think need to be answered. Is it the piss that's offensive, or the proximity of exposed genitals; what if you decant the piss into a super soaker?

When I first saw the pic, I have to admit I did think he’s probably too drunk to see his own willy, let alone the memorial.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

When I first saw the pic, I have to admit I did think he’s probably too drunk to see his own willy, let alone the memorial.

I think that's almost certainly the case. I don't feel particularly comfortable defending the kind of bloke that pisses in the street at a protest against anti-facists, but if he had any intent to desecrate the memorial, I imagine the idiot wouldn't have thought twice about aiming straight at it. The photo makes it look exactly like the desperate piss in the first available corner you'll see just off Broad Street most weekend evenings.

Being pissed doesn't entitle you to have a slash where you like, but the more I consider it the more inappropriate a prison sentence seems.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Julie Brewer, splash zone expert witness services.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Guys who urinated has been jailed hopefully some arrests for those right wing idiots and the idiots who vandlaised the churchill statue

Really? I agree I hope that those that broke laws on both sides get treated the same in way court.  If one of the fights is equality in the justice system it needs to start here.

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Shocked about the news about the muppet jailed for pissing... I was convinced he would be a West Ham fan, not Spurs!

That's me £5 down. 

Seriously though it royally pisses me off that football has been dragged in to it 

In court he said he was a spurs fan and had gone there with a bunch of football lads

That's all of us tarred with the same brush

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I think that's almost certainly the case. I don't feel particularly comfortable defending the kind of bloke that pisses in the street at a protest against anti-facists, but if he had any intent to desecrate the memorial, I imagine the idiot wouldn't have thought twice about aiming straight at it. The photo makes it look exactly like the desperate piss in the first available corner you'll see just off Broad Street most weekend evenings.

Being pissed doesn't entitle you to have a slash where you like, but the more I consider it the more inappropriate a prison sentence seems.

He’s been a made an example of hasn’t he?

We better all watch where we piss from now on! 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Really? I agree I hope that those that broke laws on both sides get treated the same in way court.  If one of the fights is equality in the justice system it needs to start here.

Anticipating the inevitable outrage on social media that no one was sent to jail for spray painting Churchill... No one has been arrested for it have they? They don't know who it is 

There would be equality however the criminals last week had the sense to cover themselves up rather than drinking 20 cans of lager and forgetting where they were 

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Anticipating the inevitable outrage on social media that no one was sent to jail for spray painting Churchill... No one has been arrested for it have they? They don't know who it is 

There would be equality however the criminals last week had the sense to cover themselves up rather than drinking 20 cans of lager and forgetting where they were 

True. These guys are words removed but he was just off his head and had a piss in the wrong place.  We’ve all done it before. (Although not on a statue). A prison sentance seems crazy.   Maybe there was more to it and he already had criminal record., past offences etc. 

42 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Breaking the law doesn't involve being on a side. You break the law, you get punished according to the tarrifs for that offence, which takes into account past offences committed, the severity of the offence committed this time snd lots of other factors. Looking at it as "sides" and comparing sentences is a foolish foolish game

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

Breaking the law doesn't involve being on a side. You break the law, you get punished according to the tarrifs for that offence, which takes into account past offences committed, the severity of the offence committed this time snd lots of other factors. Looking at it as "sides" and comparing sentences is a foolish foolish game

That was my point mate although I may not have made it as well as I should have as usual 🙈

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The guy that painted on Churchills statue will never be caught and he wont hand himself in like the guy who pissed next to the memorial.  

6 minutes ago, PaulC said:

The guy that painted on Churchills statue will never be caught and he wont hand himself in like the guy who pissed next to the memorial.  

What's your point?

Â