Racism Part two

Demitri_C

It’s like the sentences after the riots/looting a decade or so ago. People with no previous convictions going to prison for stealing a £40 watch. It’s a “message” as much as anything to anyone else thinking of getting involved.

I expect others caught damaging or putting graffiti on public monuments will get similarly “harsh” sentences over the next few weeks.

They have to put an end to the view if everyone is doing it then it’s a free pass.

Edited by Genie

24 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Getting caught pissing on a memorial to a dead copper was never going to end well.

He pissed in close proximity to, not on the memorial.

This is basic stuff.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Genie said:

It’s like the sentences after the riots/looting a decade or so ago. People with no previous convictions going to prison for stealing a £40 watch. It’s a “message” as much as anything to anyone else thinking of getting involved.

That is exactly what it is, and that's a travesty of justice. (By the way, Keir Starmer has a lot to answer for in how the courts were run in 2011).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

That is exactly what it is, and that's a travesty of justice. (By the way, Keir Starmer has a lot to answer for in how the courts were run in 2011).

Why do you say that?

I’m personally ok with sentences at the top end of the scale being dished out to help de-escalate the situation. It’s not a normal situation. It’s especially reckless in the current climate.

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

I expect others caught damaging or putting graffiti on public monuments will get similarly “harsh” sentences over the next few weeks.

They have to put an end to the view if everyone is doing it then it’s a free pass.

I've said this before that if I were in charge I'd chop people's hands off for looting and stealing.  Knobs off for unsavoury public micturating.

• Haha 1

I quite like the idea of what another country (that I can’t remember) was doing. Spraying dye on rioters and looters to help identify them later. If nothing else it ruins their clothes and shows them up as criminals when they return to wherever they go afterwards.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

Why do you say that?

I’m personally ok with sentences at the top end of the scale being dished out to help de-escalate the situation. It’s not a normal situation. It’s especially reckless in the current climate.

That different levels of justice shouldn't be dished out of the basis of how angry Twitter or the Daily Mail is about a particular case. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Guys who urinated has been jailed hopefully some arrests for those right wing idiots and the idiots who vandlaised the churchill statue

So why has that been dealt with quicker than what happened a week before. Was it because he handed himself in?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Genie said:

I quite like the idea of what another country (that I can’t remember) was doing. Spraying dye on rioters and looters to help identify them later. If nothing else it ruins their clothes and shows them up as criminals when they return to wherever they go afterwards.

It was China, against pro democracy activists in Hong Kong.

You are Priti Patel and I claim my £5

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Genie said:

If nothing else it ruins their clothes and shows them up as criminals when they return to wherever they go afterwards.

I'm sure our police can be trusted with this power with no risk of mistaken identity or malicious use.

18 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

It was the plinth, not the statue.

This is basic stuff.

Thats irrelevant. So thats acceptable then ? Both parties deserve the same punishment. 

Edited by Demitri_C

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

So why has that been dealt with quicker than what happened a week before. Was it because he handed himself in?

Has it been dealt with quicker?

You clearly follow the listings at local magistrates courts a lot closer than I do.

Just now, ml1dch said:

Has it been dealt with quicker?

You clearly follow the listings at local magistrates courts a lot closer than I do.

Can you show us then where the arrests for the others were then?

3 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Guy gets arrested for pissing on a dead police officers memorial.

"But...but what about.."

Priceless.

It’s very very important we are seen to be even handed when it comes to fascism and racism.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Guy gets arrested for pissing on a dead police officers memorial.

"But...but what about.."

Priceless.

Like saying two thieves rob a house one gets caught then people ask about the other theif then you get called priceless. 

Just because you support their notion no excuse to defend that they shouldnt be punished.

Funny how everyone who was yelling about the right wing racists peeing and throwing bottles are not asking for action for those left wing idiots who assaulted police on horses the week before?

But yeah lets let them off because i/you share their beliefs. .

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Can you show us then where the arrests for the others were then?

The BBC reported 29 arrests from the protests the previous weekend. 

The poster quoted said that they hadn't been dealt with as quickly as Mr Banks. I asked how he knew that, unless he had been reading the listings for the local magistrates courts. As let's face it, it's hardly going to be front-page news. 

If he has checked that source and they haven't been processed, then like you I would be curious as to why.

I suspect however, that it's a case "because I don't know about it, that means it hasn't happened". Which would be very silly. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ml1dch said:

The BBC reported 29 arrests from the protests the previous weekend. 

The poster quoted said that they hadn't been dealt with as quickly as Mr Banks. I asked how he knew that, unless he had been reading the listings for the local magistrates courts. As let's face it, it's hardly going to be front-page news. 

If he has checked that source and they haven't been processed, then like you I would be curious as to why.

I suspect however, that it's a case "because I don't know about it, that means it hasn't happened". Which would be very silly. 

Yeah i get your point.

29 arrests with no mention of prison sentences though.  Thats what im highlighting its very inconsistent with similar crimes.

And just to clarify im not defending the peegate muppet he deserves the crime i just feel the others need to receive similar sentences.

Â