Tom Carroll

Farlz

2 minutes ago, NZV said:

We could possibly have a ‘all left footed’ midfield against Reading with Carroll, McGinn and Hourihane. 

Smith must like lefties because Mings, Hause and Kalinic are lefties too

Bloody Catholics

People seem to forget that it's the January transfer market and you rarely get what you need, unless you pay well over market value. Carroll may not be the ideal signing, but Smith wouldn't of signed him if he didn't think he could do a job, and that's why he needs to be given a chance.

• Like 2

Sensible signing. Solid player for this level smells like one who was on Dean Smith's wishlist.  We will play better football with him in the side.

Bonus the option to buy means we can also consider whether he fits with us next season depending if we are up or (more likely) stay down.

• Like 1

So we run out of time to sign fer and get caroll instead from the same club wtf???

What a bloody joke. This feels like when you wait for Xmas and your expecting a nice pair of Jeans you wanted and you get socks instead. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Villaninoz said:

Haven't been on this site for some time, and after reading this topic i can remember why now... some absolute clowns on here. 

Most know nothing about the player and are still either whinging or slagging him off. 

A few people need to give thier heads a wobble... 

Exactly this.....

I've just read every post in this thread and the lad doesn't stand a chance.....first misplaced pass and VT are all over him like a rash........

oh wait....they already are !!!!!

He's not even kicked a ball, give the guy a break ffs

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

It wasn’t instead, it would have been both, we didn’t just pick him up on the way out of the shop. People are so ready to be disappointed, if we’d signed Messi and Ronaldo they’d both have been too old. You’d be amazed how underwhelming the signings of players like Des Bremner would have been if we’d had the internet back then. As for replacing Andy Gray with Peter Withe. Meltdown!!!!

It’s January and as others have said, it’s not the ideal time to change a team and it’s philosophy. We have gone from signing lots of expensive, largely older individuals to trying to put together a balanced squad. Goal keeper and defence were the priority at the start of the window and they have on the whole been strengthened. We have also recalled lots of loanees which also gives us greater depth, sent out some promising youngsters on loan, as well as getting some high earners off the books. I would imagine the hierarchy will be quietly satisfied overall. 

I happy with the general window but I think Carroll isn't better than what we currently have. Seems like. Cover signing to me. Don't we have enough cm for cover?, 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I happy with the general window but I think Carroll isn't better than what we currently have. Seems like. Cover signing to me. Don't we have enough cm for cover?, 

I’ve never seen the lad play, except possibly aagainst us, have you?

6 hours ago, Villaninoz said:

Haven't been on this site for some time, and after reading this topic i can remember why now... some absolute clowns on here. 

Most know nothing about the player and are still either whinging or slagging him off. 

A few people need to give thier heads a wobble... 

I am sure it's against guidelines to call over fans 'clowns" because they don't share your opinion. 

Express your opinion without getting personal

2 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I’ve never seen the lad play, except possibly aagainst us, have you?

I remember him at spurs wasn't great there. Seen him a few times at Swansea looked a bit meh. 

Looking at his stats doesn't score many at all either. Seems like a passing player. Isn't a dm. Either. 

6 hours ago, Spoony said:

Well it could be we tried for better options, they didn’t work out and Smith was of the view Carroll is better than our current crop. Not ideal but that’s the way the cookie crumbled it seems. If the lad’s up for it and is playing for a permanent contract then no harm done. Let’s see how he gets on.

The real business and rebuild will be in the summer. 

This is pretty much how I saw it when I read it on the OS. 

Seems like Smith put a list of names together for midfield and didn't get his top targets so we ended up with as good as was achievable. 

Fer is older but, for me, he was exactly what we are missing in the midfield. A unit who could get about the pitch and chuck the odd goal in here and there. 

Having said that, let's see if a fresh start can work for Tom Carroll. Who knows, he might turn out to surprise us. 

Â