Tom Carroll

Farlz

34 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

So he was 'poor' last season but who wasn't in that Swansea side? A change of environment and style can do wonders. He also played over 40 games for Spurs, so I doubt he'll be put off by the size of this club and expectations, something other signings have clearly struggled with. Let's give the guy a chance.

You’re right. Tammy was fairly poor in that Swansea side and he’s tearing the Champ a new arse hole.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

So he was 'poor' last season but who wasn't in that Swansea side? A change of environment and style can do wonders. He also played over 40 games for Spurs, so I doubt he'll be put off by the size of this club and expectations, something other signings have clearly struggled with. Let's give the guy a chance.

Tammy Abraham was "poor" in that Swansea side last season...

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

I don’t think Sherwood was here long enough to be considered that bad, stopped us getting relegated and got to cup final, then think he had what 10 games in new season and then was gone. Certainly did better the Di Matteo in comparison.

He also started the rot again and made it worse.

That high line against teams with pace will never be forgotten.

Pashon though.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lord Willard said:

DM that's a passer. In the mould of Carrick or Westwood. Westwood didn't work for us as we weren't a team that ditacte play. We were struggling against the drop. We needed a fighter back then. We were a counter attacking team

We are now a completely different team. We are now a possession based team. The midfield 3 of Grealish McGinn and Carroll seems great to me. He is an upgrade on Hourihane in the deep playing midfielder role. That's when we were playing our best football. 

Happy with this signing. Feels like a proper Smith signing and I love that no one knew about the deal too. Going about our business quietly.

I completely agree, the only thing that confuses me is all the talk about Fer. If Fer actually was a target then I don't really understand our business. It's not like Fer and Carroll are remotely the same player even. 

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I completely agree, the only thing that confuses me is all the talk about Fer. If Fer actually was a target then I don't really understand our business. It's not like Fer and Carroll are remotely the same player even. 

I think somebody somewhere got info that we were talking to Swansea and put 2 + 2 together since a previous transfer policy was sign players that play well at Villa Park and we needed a midfielder

Fairly sure it was him that Football Focus did a big piece on one time ( few years back)  .. I watched it and thought blow me , why haven't we got a player like this

Now , as we all know it's easy to put together a highlights reel to make you look good , unless you are Glenn Whelan   ,  but he looked a very intelligent player and could be just what we need

and if he isn't , well he goes back to Swansea at the end of the season and no major harm done

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

Fairly sure it was him that Football Focus did a big piece on one time ( few years back)  .. I watched it and thought blow me , why haven't we got a player like this

Now , as we all know it's easy to put together a highlights real to make you look good , unless you are Glenn Whelan   ,  but he looked a very intelligent player and could be just what we need

and if he isn't , well he goes back to Swansea at the end of the season and no major harm done

I seem to recall he got a bit of a backlash for being overhyped just because he played for Spurs, with talks of England call ups etc.  The reality is he's a tidy footballer and I hope he slots into Smith's system smoothly.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

He's a poor man's Westwood. Call me a fickle fan. Mings and Carroll is an absolute joke

We're a poor man's Burnley at the moment and Westwood is doing well for them.

I agree with the positive outlook that a Westwood-type player will fit with Smith's system better than when we actually had Westwood. Let's give Carroll a chance for ****'s sake.

• Like 1

Â