Tom Carroll

Farlz

6 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Just come back from a three month injury (a few weeks ago).

That explains everything. Just an extension of our pathological obsession of signing anyone who is or has recently been injured and almost certainly will be again shortly. 

For a minute I was concerned about why we were signing an apparent nobody who was perfectly fit and match ready. 

Ps just heard sky mention "Frank Lampards" Derby :puke::puke:

Honestly no idea if this guy is reasonable terrible, really concerned by the fact indont know whether to be remotely happy or if I should smash my head against a desk.

Come on Villa at least give me a player that I know how to react to!!

1 minute ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Supposedly done 3 minutes before deadline. No images up with him holding the shirt etc. Blatant panic signing. You don’t go from Hayden to Fer to Carroll. Completely different profile of players. Pretty poor from the club to be honest. 

To be fair were we ever in for Hayden or fer, after this signing I don't know what to believe......

Just now, dudevillaisnice said:

Supposedly done 3 minutes before deadline. No images up with him holding the shirt etc. Blatant panic signing. You don’t go from Hayden to Fer to Carroll. Completely different profile of players. Pretty poor from the club to be honest. 

Well it could be we tried for better options, they didn’t work out and Smith was of the view Carroll is better than our current crop. Not ideal but that’s the way the cookie crumbled it seems. If the lad’s up for it and is playing for a permanent contract then no harm done. Let’s see how he gets on.

The real business and rebuild will be in the summer. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

Wikipedia says he’s been said to have a style similar to Modric (although I imagine he’s not quite as good).

I think he goes to the same tailor and that's where the comparison ends. 

• Haha 3

Carroll is like a Championship quality Ashley Westwood.  I actually rate Westwood quite highly, so I think he could be decent under Smith's system.  I'm just glad that we didn't sign Fer on big wages.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

Honestly no idea if this guy is reasonable terrible, really concerned by the fact indont know whether to be remotely happy or if I should smash my head against a desk.

Come on Villa at least give me a player that I know how to react to!!

Like Djemba-Djemba. That was a deadline day signing that was pretty easy to assess. 

Call me crazy but I’m willing to give this guy at least one chance in a Villa shirt before writing him off.

Any whoscored rating less than 7, however, and I’ll be on his back quicker than you can throw a cabbage. Think of it like a footballing Speed, but with an average football team trundling along the Championship season, instead of a bus.

Edited by fightoffyour

4 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

How do we even know Hayden or Fer were even targets as this came out of blue 

He is definite a Smith type player

A player who will suit Smiths style. imo i think Fer would have been the better buy, Carroll another lightweight midfielder. Was well hyped when at Spurs, looking at his stats not really done anything for Swansea and their fans seem quite happy he has gone... obviously hope he does well for us but im not sure its going to go that way.

Â