Tom Carroll

Farlz

3 hours ago, Khizzy said:

My Spurs supporting mate used to say to me for years that we should sign him when he played for them - more like trying to offload him to us until he went to Swansea. I told him this morning that we had loaned him off Swansea and he asked for his opinion of him and he told me "he's weak but he keeps the ball moving" - but then he said "he secretly flaps it". He said he's definitely a bit of a bottler, which is a worry so I guess only time will tell how he will do in our team.

Stunning piece of analysis, would be well at home in a Sky Sports studio.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

With not knowing one thing about this player or even heard of him until we signed him I will reserve judgement on him until i've seen him play a few times.

Agreed.

I will give him at least 17 minutes before I give him the groaning of a lifetime.

RYRMPco.png

• Like 1

I was floating around the names of McEachran and a return of Westwood this window so I'm very happy with this signing. It's very obvious we are in need of a deep lying playmaker and Tom Carroll is just as good as those I've mentioned. He's also younger and has more potential to improve with Smith's coaching. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

I'm happy for hause and ming to sit on the bench they are just filler. big lumps.

carrol signing is like a "this is how i want to do it" statement from dean smith.

hourihanne couldnt do it whelan couldnt do it. lansbury always has a sicknote.

The only problem smith has was it was a PR disaster.

all the villa fans think carrol was a panic buy last min cos Fur pulled out....

the conversation in the swansea board room must have gone a little like this:

Huw Jenkings:    I was joking with you boyo. Fur is not leaving....especially not bloody villa....I asked him what he thought of dean smith and ......he said you're a nobody going nowhere. he will probably play for you when he's 43 and youre back at walsall. I.E. NEXT SEASON

Smith:     sorry sorry daddy i mean yes boss your welsh highness sorry sorry!

Smith:     I'm going to look like a right mug now with the villa fans please at least give me a signed copy of tom jones delilah so I can play it before kick off.

HuW Jenkings:     no chance you ginger brummy git. you can take this little pip squeek tottingham hot squits dumped on me instead. he's called carol vorderman.

Smith:      daaaam! your generousity has no bounds. dispatch war rocket ajax to bring him back to birmingham.

You’re a bluenose ain’t ya?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I was floating around the names of McEachran and a return of Westwood this window so I'm very happy with this signing. It's very obvious we are in need of a deep lying playmaker and Tom Carroll is just as good as those I've mentioned. He's also younger and has more potential to improve with Smith's coaching. 

I was one of the few who liked Westwood at Villa, so I already know what to expect from Carroll, but I'm not sure the rest of the Villa supporters will enjoy his style of play.  He is lightweight, but can pass.  If he has a better work rate than Hourihane, he'll be a huge improvement to the midfield.  If he's similar to Hourihane in that regard, he'll be written off as shit within 3 appearances.

• Like 3

He's already an improvement on Hourihane as he can pass forward and dictate the tempo of the game. Considering Hourihane did reasonably well as the holding midfielder while Jack was here, I'm quietly confident that we'll see an improvement in our play when Jack is back, and even now while he's out. He's a huge upgrade on Whelan/Bjarnason.

If Carroll's or any of the new signings work rates is anything like Mcginn then we will be fortunate indeed on these new signings.

Remember before Mcginn came here no one knew what he was like, now look at John. So if one or two of these new lads comes here and starts to prove in the same way that john has, then were all in for a wonderful time watching brilliant displays.

I for one won't pass judgement till I see it on the pitch for our club, at least give the new signings that chance they deserve, you've given the players who are waste of spaces seasons over relentless screw ups.

Edited by Dave-R

18 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m reading this guys a dud which worries me. Swansea fans apparently glad he’s gone.

If i had a pound for every time Villa fans were happy/extatic/lol'ing that a player left, then that player went on to do well and on most occasions go on to play at a higher level than AV are at......i wouldn't be typing here, i would be overseeing one of my many gold digging wenches typing on my behalf because why not, as my other wenches fan me gently and feed me grapes, as i relax in the heat of a marbled palace in some foreign hot country.

If you listed the players we have let go through mis management, failure to integrate or develop them, or play hoof ball rather than proper football, or a myriad of other failures, I swear we would be premiership top 10.

Know what i mean 'arry?

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

I am hopeful about this guy, he does seem like a Smith type player.

If he does not work out, as with Mings and Hause, can be sent back at the end of their loan spells in the summer.

That's the way to do it.

Exactly, nothing lost and nothing gained.

And we won't have wasted millions on fees and have them tied down with us on lengthy contracts.  :thumb:

• Like 1

Also, he may have been the main target, not Fer. Fer may not even have been a target, as it would appear we do things under the radar, and the journos have no idea who we are after, it would seem.

We have been talking to Swansea about Carroll for weeks, yet no one was aware of it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

If i had a pound for every time Villa fans were happy/extatic/lol'ing that a player left, then that player went on to do well and on most occasions go on to play at a higher level than AV are at......i wouldn't be typing here,

Exactly this. Let's give the lad a chance.

Looked a really decent player when he broke through at spurs , I was surprised Swansea got him but haven’t seen much of him since he went to Swansea - if we can get something like the player he was at spurs he will succeed here . 

Â