Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

Just now, Farlz said:

No Mings and the team falls apart. Happens every time. 

The idea we should sell him in the summer is absolute batshit crazy. 

Not really, assuming Carlos comes back unharmed and we sign another to replace.

Lads turning 30 with 12 months on his deal.

4 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Carlos is coming back from a difficult injury that has a high likelihood of him resting and not featuring all 38 in a season.

CB’s can play well into his 30s and it’s worth signing a friendlier contract extension of 2-3 years then paying a high transfer fee for his replacement. 

10 minutes ago, Farlz said:

The team fell apart against Leicester last week with him in it. After leading twice. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Farlz said:

not seen a minute of the game as was at the rugby, but once i saw mings wasn't in the squad i knew we'd be on to a hiding. it amazes me that some fans still don't see how important he is

of course there are better CBs out there...but none that we could realistically obtain

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DJBOB said:

Carlos is coming back from a difficult injury that has a high likelihood of him resting and not featuring all 38 in a season.

CB’s can play well into his 30s and it’s worth signing a friendlier contract extension of 2-3 years then paying a high transfer fee for his replacement. 

Like I prefaced if Carlos comes back and isn't affected. Then you have Carlos and a replacement in front of him.
Back up Konsa and Chambers.

he is going to want a 6 figure wage, better to cash in 

11 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Like I prefaced if Carlos comes back and isn't affected. Then you have Carlos and a replacement in front of him.
Back up Konsa and Chambers.

he is going to want a 6 figure wage, better to cash in 

Want to keep Chambers yet sell off Mings? 

Barf emoji.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

The game Carlos played without Mings we were embarrassing at the back. Kieffer Moore looked like Ronaldo

Has he scored another goal all season

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

Integral. Our best CB by a mile 

I wouldn’t say by a mile at all, both Konsa and Mings have been massively improved since Emery’s arrival - they’re approaching their 20/21 season form as a pair.

That is not to say that Mings wasn’t missed today though, I’m just glad it didn’t get worse after half-time!

• Like 1

Ty does get some bad press.  He’s the best of what we currently have at our disposal.  Never been disrespectful of the Club, unlike some…Martinez, and gives it is all.  He was very influential in getting us back up and that should not be forgotten whatever happens.

Even when he makes his occasional balls up I feel the team defends better as a unit when he is there to be vocal and organise things.  Konsa is our next most senior centre half and just doesn't have that in him, for all his other qualities as a defender.  We looked dreadful against corners today.

• Like 1

Â