Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

21 minutes ago, est1874 said:

I think I'm looking for the same sense of balance but from the other side of this?

Check out the McGinn, Chambers, Konsa and obviously Olsen threads after the game yesterday. Plenty of very loud criticism. You'll struggle to find too many posts defending the players with much spirit. Cut to the Mings thread and it's a desperate firefight as usual, with his loyalists desperately pouring cold water over any criticism as per usual.

I'll say this, you've stepped out and admitted he wasn't good last night. All I'm asking is for a bit of balance. He was immense last weekend and I said as much here. Same v Brentford. I try to always call it as I see it. And then in here sometimes I see people actively avoiding doing that, which grates.

since last night there has been only 1 negative post in the konsa thread (from your good self :)) .

you are asking for balance, so are those of us that defend ty, and people just feel that he gets more criticism than the others. as a result it leads to possibly people being overly defensive of him

you praised him for the good displays. but there are plenty that keep away from here following those then pipe up when he has a poor game, which is equally as grating

Didn't think he covered himself in glory for Rashford's equaliser, but I was much more concerned at Chambers being absolutely roasted for pace by Eriksen in the lead up to that goal. Whole defensive unit was all over the shop last night, not helped by a keeper glued to his line, but as others have said Unai will have learned plenty about who's up to it and who isn't. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, est1874 said:

I think I'm looking for the same sense of balance but from the other side of this?

Check out the McGinn, Chambers, Konsa and obviously Olsen threads after the game yesterday. Plenty of very loud criticism. You'll struggle to find too many posts defending the players with much spirit. Cut to the Mings thread and it's a desperate firefight as usual, with his loyalists desperately pouring cold water over any criticism as per usual.

I'll say this, you've stepped out and admitted he wasn't good last night. All I'm asking is for a bit of balance. He was immense last weekend and I said as much here. Same v Brentford. I try to always call it as I see it. And then in here sometimes I see people actively avoiding doing that, which grates.

1. As previously pointed out there is far far less criticism in the Konsa thread

2. Maybe, and hear me out here, it has something to do with the other players receiving criticism when they play poorly, which has most people in agreement, whereas the Mings thread has people desperate to blame him for absolutely everything even when he's played well with clearly OTT and unfair criticism which leads more people coming out to defend him? 

You know that pen that Konsa "gave away" when fernandes jumped into him a couple season ago? Most people are (rightly) still annoyed at the ref for giving the penalty. I can guarantee had that been Mings it would have been included in a "Mings is shit" compilation and sparked 5 pages of debate in here about it. Those blaming the ref would be called Mings apologists and those calling Mings a donkey wouldn't even acknowledge the fact it was a terrible decision 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, weedman said:

You know that pen that Konsa "gave away" when fernandes jumped into him a couple season ago? Most people are (rightly) still annoyed at the ref for giving the penalty. I can guarantee had that been Mings it would have been included in a "Mings is shit" compilation and sparked 5 pages of debate in here about it. Those blaming the ref would be called Mings apologists and those calling Mings a donkey wouldn't even acknowledge the fact it was a terrible decision 

spot on

i've seen mings blamed for giving away the free kick for the forest goal, which was a highly debatable free kick

had that been any other player it doesn't get mentioned

• Like 3

I'm struggling to see what Mings did wrong yesterday.

Their second, he slips, pure bad luck, weak defending from Chambers then followed (shock), allowing Rashford an easy finish.

Third - no blame at all, this is all on Olsen. He has to try and block the shot. Appalling play from Olsen.

Fourth - that ball from Garancho or whatever his name is was superb. I find it hard to put any blame on him for this one either.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I'm struggling to see what Mings did wrong yesterday.

Their second, he slips, pure bad luck, weak defending from Chambers then followed (shock), allowing Rashford an easy finish.

Third - no blame at all, this is all on Olsen. He has to try and block the shot. Appalling play from Olsen.

Fourth - that ball from Garancho or whatever his name is was superb. I find it hard to put any blame on him for this one either.

He was a little unlucky yesterday, Olsen however, was a disaster.

Should have anticipated the first by being on the edge of his box and coming out to clear the ball over the top. 
God knows what that pass was for the second.
Should have claimed the cross for the fourth. 

It was hands down the worst goalkeeping display I've seen since Nyland in the 5-5 against Forest and even that wasn't as bad. 
Don't think Mings did a lot wrong yesterday in truth. He'll start against Brighton. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tomav84 said:

spot on

i've seen mings blamed for giving away the free kick for the forest goal, which was a highly debatable free kick

had that been any other player it doesn't get mentioned

Nah that was a free kick, he got wrong footed as Dennis cut inside him and then blocked the player and threw him to the ground making no attempt to play the ball.

Not a terrible error, but not a good place to give away a free kick, i think what was worse was how after giving that free kick away, he then loses his man for the free kick who then goes on to score... and that was after the terrible unforced assist he gave Mount in the Chelsea game before.

Both of those games we were playing relatively well and at 0-0 and Mings gives away needless goals, i think this is one reason why teams become dejected.

Â