Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

38 minutes ago, Xela said:

The way Southgate discarded him from England was disgraceful. 

Says he wanted to see what the younger CBs can do. Yet still picks Coady and recalls Dier. 

Big nosed lying sack of shit, Safegate. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ozvillafan said:

Great game from Mings against ManUre. Not sure how he isn't in the England squad. Let's see who is above him in the pecking order:

• Maguire (Didn't make the squad against us)
  • Dier (Shocking header leading to Liverpool's 2nd)
  • Dunk (gave away a penalty against Wolves)
  • Guehi (who?)
  • Tomori (Chelsea loanee number 247)
  • Coady
  • Stones

I'd pick him against the majority of that list.

If maguire goes (which he will) ahead of mings then that is a sackable offence in its own right. I would have loved Southgate to have been at the game to watch his 2 choices for centre back battle it out to realise one is an absolute beast who dominated a man with 498 league goals to his name. The other got to kick a few balls around at half time so Gareth can see what a good distributer of the ball he is.

how can we possibly take a player who is probably 4th or 5th choice for his club? We would be a laughing stock.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Ronaldo only gets Ty on the ground because he allowed him, Ronaldo instigated it. But VAR was desperate to help United. 

i dont think it was a red personally, the arm flying round the back the head was the main offence the rest of it was just handbags, completely started by ronaldo but Ty is cleverer with where he is holding on

pissed me off that they both got a yellow though and that if it was the other way around or rat face fernandes or even harry kane im not sure the decision would be the same, harry kane would have won spurs 2 red cards and a penalty in that game yesterday 

It's amazing when you think about some of the centre- half's we have had who have gone on to have a great rapport with our supporters. I think it's fair to say, Tyrone is one of them. He was colossal on Sunday, if only he could find a way to erase those costly mistakes from his game.

Incidentally ,there's a really poignant piece in the Irish Sunday World about what the Villa means to Paul McGrath. He also effusively remembers how much Graham Taylor and his wife helped through a very dark period in his life. 

I found the article on Villanewsnow.

8 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

Great game from Mings against ManUre. Not sure how he isn't in the England squad. Let's see who is above him in the pecking order:

• Guehi (who?)
  • Coady
  • Stones

Are you going to totally forget about the shocking header Mings made against Chelsea? As good as Mings was against United, and he was very good, until he stops making costly mistakes there's always going to be question marks about him, just like you're questioning the credentials of other centre - half's. 

If I'm going to be honest, I don't think he's going to make it. Southgate has his mind made up, regardless of what others might say. 

3 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

If I'm going to be honest, I don't think he's going to make it. Southgate has his mind made up, regardless of what others might say. 

agree, he made his mind up at the start of the year

since then we've been absolutely **** shit at the back but his mind is made up

the man is a clown

Just now, villa4europe said:

agree, he made his mind up at the start of the year

since then we've been absolutely **** shit at the back but his mind is made up

the man is a clown

I'm really going to find it difficult warming to this England side. I think Simon Cowell should be manager because it feels like a manufactured England team. They certainly played like one.

I'll say it again, should have sacked him for making that horrendous decision to let Saka take that penalty. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Don’t want him to go. Really feel England will get humiliated in this World Cup.

agree. i think it's best he stays well clear and not associated with any of it as i think some careers could be forever tarnished if it's as bad as we think it's going to be

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

It’s fashionable to hate on Mings. I don’t know why, but you ask any fan of another club and they’ll tell you he’s shite. 

It’s all very odd. Look, he makes a mistake every now and again, but for the most part he’s f***** superb. I don’t think there are many better defenders in the PL than him on his day.

If he didn’t make any mistakes, he’d be at a top club, without doubt, but right now, he’s our best defender and I don’t see that changing anytime soon. 

There was a period last season where he genuinely did go through a bad patch, and anyone pointing this out seemed to get jumped on. 

But lots of players go through periods of bad form. I don't think anyone denies that for the majority of his time here, Mings has been a very good player for us, and a magnificent representative for the club off the pitch as well

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

• Guehi (who?)
  • Coady
  • Stones

Ben White is probably in there too. He's playing full back at Arsenal but I think if we play 3 CBs he'd get the nod on the right of the 3 with Walker injured

Would absolutely pick him for England when you consider the other options. 

Ty did great yesterday to keep his cool in that hissy-fit moment from Ronaldo. I'd imagine he would have spannered him though him we had already lost the game. 

Â