Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, AV82 said:

meoq4lvek1v81.png

None of them are bad players. Play out from back drives this. Percentage wise Mings is low, most appearances on the list. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dale said:

None of them are bad players. Play out from back drives this. Percentage wise Mings is low, most appearances on the list. 

This sums up Man Uniteds problem, and genuinely shows that if your defenders and defensive organisation isn't peak, you could have the best forwards in the world and still fail.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Dale said:

Yeah they should have done a per 90 list. Either way doesn't make good reading for Davinson Sanchez.

As with the majority of these though you take them with a pinch of salt, if Konsa (for example) plays a poor ball that puts Mings into trouble, who then loses it, I'm assuming Mings would be credited with the 'mistake'.

• Like 2

He was excellent today, he’s been brilliant for the past few matches, let’s hope he can keep it up. If he makes one mistake, the moaners will be out in force again. For me, he is a great player and well worth the £20m we paid for him, £20m is nothing in today’s market 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It's starting to look like, he is better with anyone but Konsa beside him? 🤔

its bigger than that, we prob need a DC in the summer, but i also think a lot of the problems our defence has been having, are very much down to our poor midfield not offering adequate protection.

• Like 4

I don’t think his talent, ability and strength have ever been in question. His presence and contribution have led to our upsurge from championship to Prem. He is a vital cog in our machine. But he’s never been beyond criticism, no one is. Fed up of this narrative that if someone is critical then it means they hate someone or isn’t as passionate about Villa or some nonsense.

It’s always been the previously regular lapse in concentration that always seemed to lead to an opposition goal that raised the eyebrows. He’s been a lot more consistent and stable recently and seems to have sharpened up and cut the silly errors out a bit more. Good to see and maybe taking the captaincy of him has let him relax more?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

I don’t think his talent, ability and strength have ever been in question. His presence and contribution have led to our upsurge from championship to Prem. He is a vital cog in our machine. But he’s never been beyond criticism, no one is. Fed up of this narrative that if someone is critical then it means they hate someone or isn’t as passionate about Villa or some nonsense.

It’s always been the previously regular lapse in concentration that always seemed to lead to an opposition goal that raised the eyebrows. He’s been a lot more consistent and stable recently and seems to have sharpened up and cut the silly errors out a bit more. Good to see and maybe taking the captaincy of him has let him relax more?

Who is saying this? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Agreed, I think most of us who criticise him at times, know and state that he has all the attributes to be a TOP, TOP CB. It's just his concentration and intensity which let's him down at times.

He's another which is basically part of our fabric now, I wouldn't want to see him go, and would probably be pissed off if i'm honest.

• Like 1

Â