Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

Just now, maqroll said:

Hmmm.

What sort of response is that? I suspect most players would think Rodri couldn't try and challenge Mings for the ball as he's coming from an offside position. The quoted law from the FA's Rule of Governance website confirms it to be true.

That’s not offside but Wesleys heel in a separate stage of play is and Watkins outstretched arm is.

They make it up one game to the next. It would be comical if it wasn’t so consistently inconsistent and game-altering.

• Like 1

I reckon a lot of players in Rodri’s position wouldnt have even tried to win the ball back as would know they miles offside.  This new interpretation of the law they’ve just decided so can justify a mistake may change our strikers and defenders behave. Although in most cases the solution is just clear the ****.

• Like 1

There's two things that you need to ask:

1. Would Mings have played it differently if Rodri wasn't there? Almost certainly yes. He panics because the offside player is there, so his decision making from before he even touches the ball is being influenced by the offside player, who the pass is directed at!

2. Is that chest control really one deliberate play? Surely as you bring the ball down to ground with chest + feet, that's one continuous move, and Rodri is interfering with that immediately.

The dead giveaway is that Peter Specsavers Walton, who would back a professional referee if he screamed racial slurs at a small child, BRIEFLY ADMITTED that it was the wrong decision, and then hastily backtracked when he realised he was going to lose face in the Referees WhatsApp.

Another giveaway is Robbie Savage "knowing" the rule. Anything that Robbie Savage claims to know about anything is automatically total bullshit, that is a cast iron law of the universe.

Nonsense.

Edited by KentVillan
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Delphouneso said:

I'll never understand why after a game where we've put in a really good performance against the best team in the country despite having not trained for two weeks and being **** over by a referee, whilst also being on course for our best season in a decade, people's first thought after the game is to come here and slate our players.

Because they are clowns and I can say that but Dean couldn't lol

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I reckon a lot of players in Rodri’s position wouldnt have even tried to win the ball back as would know they miles offside.  This new interpretation of the law they’ve just decided so can justify a mistake may change our strikers and defenders behave. Although in most cases the solution is just clear the ****.

Please believe this interpretation is for this case alone. The offside rule will go back to way it's always been tomorrow.This is all just CYA from the prem.

Hilarious that the exact same situation in Italy was given as offside and now everyone on Twitter is twisting themselves in knots trying to explain both. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Loxstock92 said:

Posted after game by hause. See mings reply.

banter or beef?

BC774FE2-B04F-4D71-9B2D-C3F52186D4EA.jpeg

Not sure but Hause since deleted it, probably because no matter how innocently he may have meant it (and it was oddly timed- straight after match), it basically invited a load of Mings abuse in the comments. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Not sure but Hause since deleted it, probably because no matter how innocently he may have meant it (and it was oddly timed- straight after match), it basically invited a load of Mings abuse in the comments. 

I really can’t stand some of our fans at times.

That aside what does snm mean?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I really can’t stand some of our fans at times.

That aside what does snm mean?

Say no more.

to be fair my initial reaction was banter, some on Twitter saying it’s a sign of beef. Makes sense that it was deleted if it was inviting loads of hate for mings.

No blame for Mings at all. There wasn't a legally positioned opposition player within 10 yards of him so I wouldn't have wanted him to hoof the ball away. We get the ball down and pass it and look to create openings in attack. That's what he did. It's not his fault the officials are corrupt and inept.

Edited by Okonokos

The mistake for the goal looked terrible at first glance. When you see where Rodri comes from, it's completely understandable. Not going to criticise him for that. 

He was great through most of the game, immense at times. However he did make atleast two terrible mistakes in the game that easily could've turned into goals. He needs to sort that out, or start playing safer. I assume this will come with experience, because he's not an experienced center back at all. We seem to forget that. 

Â