Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

I think Mings is doing just fine. He is growing into the game & adjusting to playing with Maguire. For me he would be the starter with Maguire for the Euros.

PS .. Twitter is filled with morons who have very little idea of what they talk about. I quit it a while ago.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

I think Mings is doing just fine. He is growing into the game & adjusting to playing with Maguire. For me he would be the starter with Maguire for the Euros.

PS .. Twitter is filled with morons who have very little idea of what they talk about. I quit it a while ago.

That's the thing with how bad a decision it was to drop him in the other game, it's another tough away game for him, hes still new, he doesn't know maguire and Chilwell or pope, it was shit management 

The other thing I'd add is mings being poor (which he has) is not because he's not good enough for this team, they've all been poor, TAA has been utter garbage

England have far bigger problems than mings playing 

Edited by villa4europe

Wasn't at his best today but ultimately it's a clean sheet and Pope hardly had a thing to do. At home we conceded 3 against this team. 

From a Villa point of view, 90 minutes without an injury and another cap under his belt can only be a positive.

• Like 1

A few mistakes first half but second half looked solid.

I felt maguire and rice were giving him the ball because they didn’t want to be responsible for losing it at the back.

Maguire is supposed to be £80 million he should be bringing the ball forward and rice rarely took the ball from Mings and began a move .

He just seemed to pass it back to Mings.

Got to help his confidence for coming games as he becomes an England regular.

Edited by Londonastonvilla
  • Haha 1

I thought Mings was shaky last night, but I wouldn't go as far as calling him poor.

Ultimately the midfield let down the defence last night, Rice didn't provide any movement for an out ball into the midfield and it made Mings job a lot harder trying to play out from the back.

As someone else mentioned Maguire seemed to keep giving Mings the ball when he himself had no options on.

It's a shame that Mings got the call against Kosovo and not Macedonia, because John Stones would have been all over the place against Nuhui last night. Mings handled him fairly well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wilko154 said:

I thought Mings was shaky last night, but I wouldn't go as far as calling him poor.

Ultimately the midfield let down the defence last night, Rice didn't provide any movement for an out ball into the midfield and it made Mings job a lot harder trying to play out from the back.

As someone else mentioned Maguire seemed to keep giving Mings the ball when he himself had no options on.

It's a shame that Mings got the call against Kosovo and not Macedonia, because John Stones would have been all over the place against Nuhui last night. Mings handled him fairly well.

glad you spotted that too, not only was he not progressive enough but he outright didn't want the ball enough which to their credit is something Henderson and winks offer when they're in there, its an absolute must IMO, watch Busquets for barca and spain, the whole set up is reliant on him constantly being available for a simple out ball

Just now, villa4europe said:

glad you spotted that too, not only was he not progressive enough but he outright didn't want the ball enough which to their credit is something Henderson and winks offer when they're in there, its an absolute must IMO, watch Busquets for barca and spain, the whole set up is reliant on him constantly being available for a simple out ball

If I hadn't looked at the lineup prior to kick off I wouldn't have even known Rice was on the pitch. No way near good enough for the England side yet; Henderson should be in that role (as much as I don't like him) for his experience and leadership at the least.

Definitely looked a bit nervous and didn't want to bring it forwards too often out of defence but then he had Maguire next to him instead of Engels, no wonder!

Shame he couldn't stake a stronger claim for that spot, not sure hes done enough there.

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Such as?

O’Connell, Dunk, Lascelles.

I think there are quite a few that deserved a call up before him. I do like the balance of having a left footer and think he can grow into the role but others were more deserving of the call.

Not that’s its relevant as Southgate has shown he has favourites so I doubt he’s going anywhere. Delph makes every squad ffs.

6 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

O’Connell, Dunk, Lascelles.

I think there are quite a few that deserved a call up before him. I do like the balance of having a left footer and think he can grow into the role but others were more deserving of the call.

Not that’s its relevant as Southgate has shown he has favourites so I doubt he’s going anywhere. Delph makes every squad ffs.

None of those players are obviously better than Mings.

I actually don't rate Mings as highly as some on here but I'd say Mings is very much in the 'conversation' with those names you listed as well as the likes of Keane. I think they are all vying for a place with none of them clearly better or worse than the other at this stage.

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

None of those players are obviously better than Mings.

I actually don't rate Mings as highly as some on here but I'd say Mings is very much in the 'conversation' with those names you listed as well as the likes of Keane. I think they are all vying for a place with none of them clearly better or worse than the other at this stage.

We’re pretty much on the same page. I don’t think there is much between any of them either.

Â