Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

May be a blessing in disguise, I thought he looked a bit off it on Saturday and again today, think he may benefit of a rest, he would clearly not be dropped. Didn't deserved either of the cards so I hope the suspension is cut short if that is possible when the red is the outcome of two yeallow, perhaps we can't appeal that?

• Like 1

Just now, Keener window-cleaner said:

May be a blessing in disguise, I thought he looked a bit off it on Saturday and again today, think he may benefit of a rest, he would clearly not be dropped. Didn't deserved either of the cards so I hope the suspension is cut short if that is possible when the red is the outcome of two yeallow, perhaps we can't appeal that?

Will be only 1 game. He might be tired though as he played very little since he joined Bournemouth and has been ever present here

He will probably finish this season with more league games for Villa than Bournemouth

33 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Harsh 2 yellows apparently I havemt seen the clips to judge

First was harsh. If the Ref was going to book him he should have booked the Rotherham player too.  Second one would normally be a yellow card but the referee could easily have used his common sense and judged that sending off for those 2 incidents was probably not justified and gave a final warning instead.

But then again championship refs and common sense do not seem to go hand in hand.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

First was harsh. If the Ref was going to book him he should have booked the Rotherham player too.  Second one would normally be a yellow card but the referee could easily have used his common sense and judged that sending off for those 2 incidents was probably not justified and gave a final warning instead.

But then again championship refs and common sense do not seem to go hand in hand.

Sure this is a division you can assault somebody and barely get a warning from the ref 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Agreed, he has had a mini dip.

A couple of our players have had that at times, McGinn included and have come back from a rest firing on all cylinders.

I didn't see the game, I was shocked when I read he was sent off, was his red card justified at all.

I heard Smith basically saying when Grealish was took down the ref didn't book that guy, yet Mings got booked, if so that's abit harsh isn't it.

Looked like chest/shoulder, maybe upper arm. Can see why the ref made the call he did. Don't think it looked like a blatant handball, so might have been enough with a pen, without the yellow? I don't know the rules.

The first yellow didn't make sense at all though. 

• Like 1

I think it was a penalty, but some common sense could have prevailed in terms of the second yellow. The penalty was surely enough of a punishment there for that sort of handball.

Hopefully he's refreshed after the game off and comes back firing.

5 hours ago, Skruff said:

Looked like chest/shoulder, maybe upper arm. Can see why the ref made the call he did. Don't think it looked like a blatant handball, so might have been enough with a pen, without the yellow? I don't know the rules.

The first yellow didn't make sense at all though. 

That's how I saw it and even still that was not deliberate so how can he give a bloody red. 

Did the Rotherham player get booked for his handball? 

Yellow was harsh, but it's a blatant handball. He didn't even argue.

He was having a poor half anyway. It's a blow that he's out on Saturday but the break might do him good.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yellow was harsh, but it's a blatant handball. He didn't even argue.

He was having a poor half anyway. It's a blow that he's out on Saturday but the break might do him good.

Watch the replay closely. It wasn't a handball and cetrainly not blatant. Probably didn't argue because he was on a yellow and the ref was being a rocket polisher even before the penalty. He just laughed sarcastically.

Anyway, sadly it doesn't matter. Hope Jedi has the game of his life on saturday. May the force be with him.

Edited by LxYoungAVFC

Â