Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

7 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Not to sound arrogant, but if we go up pretty sure Big Tyrone forces a move if Bournemouth dig their heels in. He wants it, we want it. Sometimes things are just a perfect fit and no force on heaven or earth will ever get me back on that island with those Velociraptors

I don’t think he would need to force it. He has done superbly in this league but we all know Premier league is on another level.

Bournemouth have now become a regular Premier League club that for whatever reason seem to deem him surplus to requirements. If the price is right I doubt they will stand in his way. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Not to sound arrogant, but if we go up pretty sure Big Tyrone forces a move if Bournemouth dig their heels in. He wants it, we want it. Sometimes things are just a perfect fit and no force on heaven or earth will ever get me back on that island with those Velociraptors

Don't think he needs to force a move. We have some sort of clause don't we?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Don't think he needs to force a move. We have some sort of clause don't we?

clause was inserted that we can match any bid Bournemouth receive. We wanted option to buy, but thats the best we could negotiate. If we go up I think it will happen unless a Man Utd or Arsenal open their eyes

1 hour ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

clause was inserted that we can match any bid Bournemouth receive. We wanted option to buy, but thats the best we could negotiate. If we go up I think it will happen unless a Man Utd or Arsenal open their eyes

I don’t think he’s good enough to be attracting attention Fromm utd or Arsenal

• Like 1

I think Mings is smart and like Tammy chose, he would say no to a premiere club because he's realised where his heart is. That's the thing between our club and others who would have these players services, we've already built his heart upto staying put. Mings knows full well he's now that main man in the heart of the defence at Villa.

Edited by Dave-R

If we get promoted he will stick around I’m sure. There’s been an instant bond and love formed between him, the club and fans. 

If his form continues in the Premier League he has to be in with a shout of the England squad for that LCB spot next to Maguire you’d think. His left foot and ball playing skills are right up Southgates street. 

I think he's a great stopper but I'm not fully convinced by him on the ball. He's good, but plays with the swagger of someone a lot better and sometimes looks like he hasn't fully got hold of the ball. Just hope it doesn't cost us and he gets caught during this run in.

We're a championship club, he's great for us. He fits the team as well, Smith wants his defenders to be playing out with it. I think he's good enough to play for us in the PL should we get up.

Be interesting to see what sort of price he's available for. Don't think he's worth >£8m.

On 26/04/2019 at 10:47, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Unless they receive a ridiculous bid we have no chance of matching, I fully expect he would choose to be with us.

The most useless clause I ever heard of.

’we’ll let you match any offer another club makes.’

gee, really?

how very generous of you.

might as well get the same clause on Messi.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Be interesting to see what sort of price he's available for. Don't think he's worth >£8m.

I’m not getting carried away and claiming Mings is definitely a top half PL defender but with the playing ability he’s already demonstrated together with his leadership and the fact that he’s settled well at the club, I wouldn’t bulk at £10m. Any less would be good value i.m.o.

10 minutes ago, Thug said:

The most useless clause I ever heard of.

’we’ll let you match any offer another club makes.’

gee, really?

how very generous of you.

might as well get the same clause on Messi.

This is why I’m not convinced the clause is anymore than media guesswork.

15 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Unless they receive a ridiculous bid we have no chance of matching, I fully expect he would choose to be with us.

From my understanding of how transfers work, there’s only 3 points to be considered for a transfer to work.

1) the buying club need to meet the selling clubs valuation

2) the selling club need to accept the buying clubs offer

3) the player needs to be willing to move the club making the bid.

So it makes ZERO difference what any other club offer for him IF he has no desire to move to that club.

The only time it becomes an issue is when another club that would interest him decide to make a bid. In such a case, it has nothing to do with the transfer fee, but rather what the bidding clubs are willing to offer the player (not just in monetary terms)

For example, if we were to offer £500 million for Eden Hazzard, Chelsea couldn’t force him to move to us.  And nor would it suddenly mean that Real Madrid would now need to stump up £500 million for him.  He would still have the same valuation, and he would still move to Real Madrid for whatever they were willing to pay for him.

Basically the ‘clause’ is either a complete and utter non-entity or there’s more to it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He's amazing. Phenomenal. Fantastic. All the words you can think of.

This is a defender who's ability is far, far ahead of the Championship. How Bournemouth never give him a chance in the shambles of a defence they have I'll never know. I'd do many things for us to go up and be able to sign him on a permanent. 

• Like 1

Â