Villa Park Atmosphere

wilko154

I wonder if tickets will be expensive. They will still have a lot of fixed costs involved in opening the ground. It's hard to imagine them charging the standard ticket price.  

I'm not intending to go till we are 100% back now. 

Edited by sidcow

8 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Yep - with priority going to those who've submitted a photo ID most likely. If the 4,000 limit goes ahead in December it's going to be quite a pressure on clubs. 

Getting back to the car will be interesting in Aston in the dark with staggered exit times and only 4,000 other fans.

What car? 😂

4 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Why 4000? Why not a percentage of the grounds capacity? Strange number to pick. 4000 at VP will be like a ghost town, but 4000 at turf moor would be much more full. 

And more tightly packed :unsure:

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, VillaChris said:

It's mainly to get some fans back in the lower leagues so they're doing a third of ground capacities if we take the average capacity of league 1-2 ground is between 10-12k.

Fair enough. But why not just make it 33% of any stadium? It would help smaller clubs and bigger clubs and keep them the same level of ‘empty’...

Aston Villa fans were reported for more alleged hate crimes than any team last season, according to Home Office data.

Results seen by the Press Association under a Freedom of Information request showed Villa fans reported 13 times.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55038972

This was sent to me by a mate this morning. Really, really disappointing. I know we might look for context in it but it’s really sad seeing this. 

As I understand it the capacity for tier 1 clubs is 4,000 or 10% of the stadium capacity, whichever is the smaller, tier 2 is 2,000 or 10% capacity and tier 3 is no fans.  So Walsall, for example, who's capacity is 11,300 can only have 1,130 in tier 1 and 2

Also with travel restrictions still in place the ticket allocations for games may be based on postcode, as the government don't want people travelling from a tier 3 area to a tier 1 area to watch a game of football.

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

Fair enough. But why not just make it 33% of any stadium? It would help smaller clubs and bigger clubs and keep them the same level of ‘empty’...

You cant have 25,000 turning up at Old Trafford though, with loads of people on the trams. I agree on the points being made of how it's an advantage to smaller clubs in bigger divisions. If Bournemouth were still in the Prem, 4000 would basically be their ground half full.

I wonder if those with executive boxes and corporate seats, may be a little more lucky than others in the ballots at some other PL clubs? Just wondering...  ;) 

From today's Times: 

Areas in tier one, with the lowest risk, will be permitted to have up to 4,000 fans attend sports events, with up to 2,000 for those in tier two, but no fans allowed in tier-three areas. For smaller grounds the limit will be 50 per cent of stadium capacity, so a venue with 3,000 seats would only be permitted to host 1,500 fans.

On 22/11/2020 at 23:02, sidcow said:

Can we now put to bed this ludicrous theory that somehow the crowd at Villa Park make it difficult for us to play well at home? 

I didn't think we played badly. We lost but we played fine, especially considering we lost Barkley early on.

2 hours ago, SuperTed said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55038972

This was sent to me by a mate this morning. Really, really disappointing. I know we might look for context in it but it’s really sad seeing this. 

This pops up every now and then. I remember seeing it a couple of years back that Villa had topped this list as well. It is very disappointing. Maybe the police in Birmingham are more vigilant on this sort of thing (pure speculation).

Also 4th on the overall list for arrests at matches (48% of which took place at home games). It's not good.

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

This pops up every now and then. I remember seeing it a couple of years back that Villa had topped this list as well. It is very disappointing. Maybe the police in Birmingham are more vigilant on this sort of thing (pure speculation).

Also 4th on the overall list for arrests at matches (48% of which took place at home games). It's not good.

The majority of ours were public disorder = majority people pissed up and gobby, this happens, our neighbours who are 2nd in the list had the majority as violent disorder, this speaks volumes 

4 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Yeah it does, but still, top of list for hate crimes. And to be honest I don't want to be looking and saying "ah we're not as bad as that lot". I'd rather be nowhere to be seen on these respective lists.

This is what I meant by context. Thumb your nose at Blues as much as you want but the statistics are there and they point at us. Some of our fans are right words removed. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Yeah it does, but still, top of list for hate crimes. And to be honest I don't want to be looking and saying "ah we're not as bad as that lot". I'd rather be nowhere to be seen on these respective lists.

I agree, but way I suppose I look at it (and admit this is probably the wrong way in all fairness) is comparing it to when I started watching the Villa and the difference in numbers arrested etc bare no comparison to the very tiny minority of offences now committed at football, it really is a very sanitised environment compared to then

Edited by Follyfoot

14 minutes ago, SuperTed said:

This is what I meant by context. Thumb your nose at Blues as much as you want but the statistics are there and they point at us. Some of our fans are right words removed. 

There is a world of difference between getting pinched for clumping a rival supporter as opposed to verbally assaulting a steward for telling you to repeatedly to sit down. I do get the general point but most clubs have a number of arseholes who follow them, they have a larger number than most who will cause you physical harm

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, sidcow said:

I wonder if tickets will be expensive. They will still have a lot of fixed costs involved in opening the ground. It's hard to imagine them charging the standard ticket price.  

I'm not intending to go till we are 100% back now. 

No it won't. 4,000 for a premier league club is just window dressing, it is the first small stop to normality. The Premier League spunked over  a billion pounds in the last transfer window and that is after 6 months of no one allowed in to watch.  It will however stop clubs from league one down going out of business though.

Taking an educated guess I suspect it will be probably just the lower holte and lower and mid trinity that will be opened for two different viewing experiences with a best case 2,000 in each stand, provided Birmingham is  in tier 1.

Â