Villa Park Atmosphere

wilko154

:(

Aston Villa release statement after fans named as worst for hate crimes in 2019-20 season

Aston Villa chief executive Christian Purslow issues statement after Home Office data showed AVFC fans were reported for alleged hate crimes 13 times in 2019-20 season

Aston Villa say they are fully committed to rooting out hate crime after Home Office data showed fans of the club were reported more than supporters of any other club last season.

A Freedom of Information request by the PA news agency showed Villa supporters were reported for alleged hate crimes on 13 occasions during the 2019/20 campaign.

They were reported for seven incidents related to race, five related to sexual orientation and one associated to religion.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-release-statement-after-19340184

• Sad 3

thats shit news

The FOI request also found just four reports of hate crime related to matches played when the professional game resumed in June and July, even though online incidents were included in the data for the first time.

i was going to say that in some sort of twisted silver lining hope was that we had higher numbers because it was villa fans reporting other villa fans and getting them the **** out of VP but the online stuff suggests thats not the case, we definitely have our fair share of idiots on twitter

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Where do they get their data from? Thats the key for me

It was a freedom of information request from the journalist - it's data that's recorded by each of the countries police forces. There's a little bit of influence in the numbers that tells you which police forces take this sort of stuff seriously and which don't - WM Police have a specific hate crimes unit.

7 hours ago, Keyblade said:

We seem to have recent history for this. Not sure why though. Isn't Birmingham very multicultural?

You have villa fans all over the West Midlands which is quite a large area. Many of these areas are predominantly white working class areas.

That aside it sounds like the racism is mainly online keyboard warriors. Most of them probably kids too that haven’t been taught better.

It’s not the nasty at the ground stuff you’d get at a place like Millwall. Now that’s really disturbing. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It was a freedom of information request from the journalist - it's data that's recorded by each of the countries police forces. There's a little bit of influence in the numbers that tells you which police forces take this sort of stuff seriously and which don't - WM Police have a specific hate crimes unit.

This is what i mean i think the repeorying isnt 100% accurate.im not saying it doesnt happen at villa as we have l heard it.

But ive been to chelsea so many times and the amount of vile things i have heard is incredible.  But these people are so scary people are scared to say anything that includes stewards 

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

This is what i mean i think the repeorying isnt 100% accurate.im not saying it doesnt happen at villa as we have l heard it.

But ive been to chelsea so many times and the amount of vile things i have heard is incredible.  But these people are so scary people are scared to say anything that includes stewards 

thats what i meant about the slight potential silver lining thing

this is telling you the number of incidents that are reported, it doesnt tell you who its reported by, my only hope is that its being reported by villa fans because its not tollerated whereas other clubs may have slightly lower figures because their fans are sitting in silence

if all our arrests for racism have come from the lower holte for example then thats villa fans standing up to it

but then the online incidents suggest that thats probably not the case

8 hours ago, Keyblade said:

We seem to have recent history for this. Not sure why though. Isn't Birmingham very multicultural?

An indication of how shit it can be at the football is that Birmingham IS very multicultural... but our fan base in the stadium is 98% white. 

A real shame in my eyes. 

Good mate of mine is British, Pakistani heritage, he stopped going to England games with us because he was sick of the abuse he got, mostly under handed comments that the rest of us didn’t hear and were oblivious too. 

And if that isn’t an indication of the issues and why BLM was was such big movement I don’t know what is, we go about our lives never having to deal with an attack on ourselves because of the colour of our skin, but many blokes and their families have stopped going to football because of it.

Its a real issue and I’m glad the club are acting on it.

**** racist words removed. 

Edited by spiezels
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, spiezels said:

An indication of how shit it can be at the football is that Birmingham IS very multicultural... but our fan base in the stadium is 98% white. 

A real shame in my eyes. 

Good mate of mine is British, Pakistani heritage, he stopped going to England games with us because he was sick of the abuse he got, mostly under handed comments that the rest of us didn’t hear and were oblivious too. 

And if that isn’t an indication of the issues and why BLM was was such big movement I don’t know what is, we go about our lives never having to deal with an attack on ourselves because of the colour of our skin, but many blokes and their families have stopped going to football because of it.

Its a real issue and I’m glad the club are acting on it.

**** racist words removed. 

I have to admit it’s why I stopped sitting in the Holte end. (That and my s**t eyesight). 

• Like 1

On 25/11/2020 at 09:39, Vive_La_Villa said:

I have to admit it’s why I stopped sitting in the Holte end. (That and my s**t eyesight). 

If that kind of abuse happened anywhere near me in the lower Holte I would clump the instigators 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I dint see how this is fair tk allow slme fans in and some not? Even 2k fans is still abit of advantage 

Exactly half of the teams will have no fans. It'll be interesting to see how they handle that. Personally I think the league should say no and not let fans in unless everywhere can have fans, but given that the whole thing is a PR stunt by the Tory party anyway, I'm guessing they'd get enormous pressure from govt if they tried that.

Â