Villa Park Atmosphere

wilko154

Noticed that the music pre-match was better on Saturday, we heard Geno and We Will Rock you before Hi Ho - then it all got spoiled when they still came out to that godawful screeching - I really hope we can have something better next season .  I do love the Lion's pumping eyes though

1 hour ago, Hev said:

Noticed that the music pre-match was better on Saturday, we heard Geno and We Will Rock you before Hi Ho - then it all got spoiled when they still came out to that godawful screeching - I really hope we can have something better next season .  I do love the Lion's pumping eyes though

Indeed, what the hell is that all about, been haunting us for years and it’s dreadful.

On 27/02/2019 at 16:43, Zatman said:

watching German teams fans in European games in recent weeks is a far cry from English fans in general. They rarely ever boo and its always encouragement when winning or losing

Last season Koln were bottom and in his last game the fans serenaded the coach and not in some shouting abuse at him way

I do agree - I think it comes down to ingrained culture - since I can remember it's always been this way and how you set about changing this mentality I'm really not sure tbh 

On 25/02/2019 at 18:39, Vive_La_Villa said:

Considering there’s not really much to left to play for fair play to the fans for turning up in numbers. Even if it is for good old moan ;)

What a difference three weeks makes!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎25‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 17:33, BOF said:

And our average is way up on last season despite almost going up in 17/18 and not looking like it this year.  32,097 versus 34,849.  That's an increase of nearly 9%.  Impressive.

By my maths, if we can get 41k for the last 3 games the home league average for the season will creep over 36k for the first time in 5/6 years. Just shows the tide my well be turning in our favour.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Unused Sub said:

By my maths, if we can get 41k for the last 3 games the home league average for the season will creep over 36k for the first time in 5/6 years. Just shows the tide my well be turning in our favour.

Well if you're looking for a number to hang your hat on ... 40,781 per game is the magic number :D  I think we'd be doing well to get that.  We've only done it 3 times this season and we need to do it 3 times in a row.

• Like 1

Is waiting for the day they start playing Grime tunes at Villa park, then Villa Park will feel like an old lady yelling son turn that Sh** down.

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

Well if you're looking for a number to hang your hat on ... 40,781 per game is the magic number :D  I think we'd be doing well to get that.  We've only done it 3 times this season and we need to do it 3 times in a row.

May not be too far off that; Bristol City is more or less sold out, Millwall is on a bank holiday so fingers crossed for a bumper 40k+, Norwich on the last day should be a good crowd aswell if not sold out.

2 minutes ago, Unused Sub said:

May not be too far off that; Bristol City is more or less sold out, Millwall is on a bank holiday so fingers crossed for a bumper 40k+, Norwich on the last day should be a good crowd aswell if not sold out.

Yep agreed.  It's definitely possible.

Doesn't help when the top of the Doug Ellis is left empty because the away team cannot sell their allocation and we don't bother to put them on general sale ( as witnessed Saturday when I saw a number of people turned away in my short time at the ticket office because the game was "sold out")

Go up next season and we’ll be averaging close to 40k in the prem regardless of how we are doing. Season ticket sales will hit 25k, the away end will be sold out most weeks and the rest of the seats will be filled with the general sale lot. Our next 3 home games will be sell outs I think. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Go up next season and we’ll be averaging close to 40k in the prem regardless of how we are doing. Season ticket sales will hit 25k, the away end will be sold out most weeks and the rest of the seats will be filled with the general sale lot. Our next 3 home games will be sell outs I think. 

Yep all those "we don't need to expand" brigade need to consider our attendances for this run in and at other times this season.  If we had kept our foot on the gas throughout December we would have sold out pretty much every game for the rest of the season. 

If we are in the Premier League playing decent attractive football Villa Park ain't going to be big enough. 

Edited by sidcow

11 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Doesn't help when the top of the Doug Ellis is left empty because the away team cannot sell their allocation and we don't bother to put them on general sale ( as witnessed Saturday when I saw a number of people turned away in my short time at the ticket office because the game was "sold out")

I thought they couldn’t do that for safety reasons? 

4 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Its great to see VP filling up again. Became depressing those last few years in the prem. 

Yeah it says something seeing Villa park  becoming sold out in the championship when those last few season in the premier while things were bad was seeing empty seats. The new owners and all in charge have brought good times back our way with a new era. 

Do you think there might be any work going on if we get promoted to raise the capacity of VP??

Isn't there still work to be done as is??

9 hours ago, sidcow said:

Yep all those "we don't need to expand" brigade need to consider our attendances for this run in and at other times this season.  If we had kept our foot on the gas throughout December we would have sold out pretty much every game for the rest of the season. 

If we are in the Premier League playing decent attractive football Villa Park ain't going to be big enough. 

If we go up and we establish ourselves again, we will probably need a bigger ground. Just being midtable and playing some good football at times will see the sold out signs going up on a regular basis.

• Like 1

I think it has to be smaller scale increase. I wouldn't go straight out up to 52k as at present I don't think we would fill that. Increase th capacity to 48k see how ee get on there and if we can sell that consistently then think about going up to 52-55k

9 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I thought they couldn’t do that for safety reasons? 

What could possibly be the safety reasons? We used to have away fans in the lower north and home fans above them every match.

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

What could possibly be the safety reasons? We used to have away fans in the lower north and home fans above them every match.

Oh you mean if the whole of the upper stand is empty? Does that ever happen? 

Edit: Or what if away fans turned up to by tickets on the day. Will the get turned away because their allocation has been passed on to home fans?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Â