Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

7 minutes ago, WHY said:

Ramsey confesses he’s happy to stay with us and is immediately dropped as punishment for not seeking a move to the elite 😂

🤣🤣🤣, cocknose involved no doubt . “Jacob you WILL request a move to one of my favourites,”

• Like 1

Right at the end the commentator made what might be a valid point about JJ. He was on a yellow from the first game and Carsley would have been thinking about the Germany game.

He came on for last 10 mins and looked a class above. Holding onto the ball at the right times. Controlling midfield and telling his teammates what to do.  This is where those 100 odd villa games come into effect. He has mega experience for his age now. Not appearances like alot of his peers. Actual starts for Villa. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

Rested or not, he's still playing a CM at RB (Garner; never plays there for club), a RB at LB (Johnson can do a job there but you have Thomas right there) and Anthony Gordon up front (literally only played there when everyone else was injured at the start of last season).

It's bizarre how over-complicated this group stage is being made into. We were lucky to beat Czech doing similarly experimental things.

Given his form last season, he has to start doesn't he? :rolleyes: Otherwise Howe and his Saudi Masters would sulk. 

13 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Right at the end the commentator made what might be a valid point about JJ. He was on a yellow from the first game and Carsley would have been thinking about the Germany game.

He came on for last 10 mins and looked a class above. Holding onto the ball at the right times. Controlling midfield and telling his teammates what to do.  This is where those 100 odd villa games come into effect. He has mega experience for his age now. Not appearances like alot of his peers. Actual starts for Villa. 

Ya he looked a better coached player to even the likes of Jones , kept everything simple and calm , knowing the game was won and need to be managed 

21 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Do the cards get wiped for the knockout phase? If not, given that the Germany game is now a dead rubber he could probably have done with getting booked today.

I thought he looked good when he came on, powerful and mature, he should be starting every game when it matters.

21 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

It is so true. He is the quickest England midfielder by a mile. He has to pass the ball while running quicker than anyone else. All those misplaced passes 2 seasons ago are becoming less and less. 

Antony Gordon / Marcus Rashford pace but coming from deeper. 

Oi Scholes. The reason why no one is linked with him is that they already know the answer. 150 million to even answer the phone. 

I'll keep saying it. Will score 20 in all comps before he's done at Villa. A midfielder having that level of composure in front of goal is a once in a generation skill. 

9 minutes ago, macandally said:

That music is an affront to the ears, but this boy has a higher ceiling than that Gresford fella 

ye i should have said to turn the trash music down.......

• Like 1

Just now, theboyangel said:

How the likes of Connor Gallagher and Kalvin Phillips get more international (and league media) recognition than Ramsey is beyond me. 

Clubs they play for, it really is that simple. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

Absolutely - so it makes a mockery of these so called experts who define players by the club they play for and not on their actual ability. 

5 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Absolutely - so it makes a mockery of these so called experts who define players by the club they play for and not on their actual ability. 

And thus, the system perpetuates. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, theboyangel said:

How the likes of Connor Gallagher and Kalvin Phillips get more international (and league media) recognition than Ramsey is beyond me. 

2 hours ago, Steero113 said:

They don't get more recognition at all?  Phillips is basically at the point of ridicule after just one season at Man City.  Gallagher probably did initially as he "burst onto the scene" at Palace (despite being loaned somewhere before; can't remember where now) but he's barely mentioned in the media.

Meanwhile, Ramsey has been called a future England international by Ferdinand a season or so ago and is being tipped to move to a bigger club by Paul Scholes recently.  Literally the upcoming midfielder in England at the moment - all the Smith Rowe stuff has died a death.

Do we just love to try and feel offended by "the media" or something?

Edit:  Maybe you're talking purely on International football.  Ramsey is currently at a tournament for an England side.

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, bobzy said:

They don't get more recognition at all?  Phillips is basically at the point of ridicule after just one season at Man City.  Gallagher probably did initially as he "burst onto the scene" at Palace (despite being loaned somewhere before; can't remember where now) but he's barely mentioned in the media.

Meanwhile, Ramsey has been called a future England international by Ferdinand a season or so ago and is being tipped to move to a bigger club by Paul Scholes recently.  Literally the upcoming midfielder in England at the moment - all the Smith Rowe stuff has died a death.

Do we just love to try and feel offended by "the media" or something?

Edit:  Maybe you're talking purely on International football.  Ramsey is currently at a tournament for an England side.

Don't you think Southgate will call up Jones and Elliot before him?

Almost inevitable for me

But he should still get his chance this autumn, if skipp gets the nod before him Southgate really is taking the piss, wouldn't mind gibbs white get a look in too, if Southgate had anything about him he'd take the opportunity to look at 4 or 5 of them because the first team midfield isnt good

On 25/06/2023 at 19:02, MWARLEY2 said:

He was in the top 5 for layers last year. He absolutely started for us.

On 25/06/2023 at 11:03, villa4europe said:

Ordinary as in top 4 level, CL level and international level 

He's a 6.5/10 player at that level

That's not to be knocked and I'd be happy if JJ gets to that level let alone surpasses it 

I think JJ has far more impact on games than Mount, he just needs to do it more often.

Mount is an international because he's one of the media darlings of Southgate.  I doubt many other managers would be picking him given the riches England has in his position.

Top 4 quality? Chelsea finished 11th didn't they? CL level? Depends on your criteria.  Lots of mediocre players have CL experience.

It's all about opinions, and to me, Mount isn't in the top 10 Englishmen in CM.

9 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

I think JJ has far more impact on games than Mount, he just needs to do it more often.

Mount is an international because he's one of the media darlings of Southgate.  I doubt many other managers would be picking him given the riches England has in his position.

Top 4 quality? Chelsea finished 11th didn't they? CL level? Depends on your criteria.  Lots of mediocre players have CL experience.

It's all about opinions, and to me, Mount isn't in the top 10 Englishmen in CM.

In fairness to Mount he was injured a lot of last season.  He did play in a CL final!  If JJ adds consistency he has the attributes to be a very influential midfielder!

Â