Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

You could tell that he has been out for a while, looked a little rusty and lost the ball a couple of times. But when he drives forward with he ball it’s such a help to team, as we have little others who can make up the ground and move the team forward quickly. 

• Like 1

Remember 3 quality carries last night. Beat 1 or 2 players each time, drove forward in his trademark way, only for him to get the weight of final ball all wrong. 

Rustiness only, class player and crucial playing that ball carrying role. 

Watched the replay of the game and from some of the comments was expecting much worse than was the reality, he wasn't that bad at all, some of our better moments in the opposition half involved him, went on a few of his trademark runs and set up a few chances, his general play was okay as well, with a few exceptions, namely Young and Kamara, I didn't think he was much worse or better than any other player on the pitch.

We need to get him on the ball more often in dangerous positions but I think that's just as much a team thing as it is an individual player thing, same for Buendia in that sense as well.

• Like 1

As rusty as I'd expected after so long out and still not being match fit. Not a great game for him, but not terrible either.

Showed some promising signs of being able to play Emery's 2 in front of the midfield role. I feel like it will be perfectly suited to his skillset when he gets used to it and match fit. 

Can't wait to see his next goal when it comes. Expecting a JJ classic outside of the box placed wonder strike.

1 hour ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I think he'll really benefit from Moreno overlapping him. Will allow him to drive inside on his right foot more and play a bit more centrally. I think he's got a big role to play.

I’m a big fan. I really hope he continues his development and becomes a top player. 

https://www.avfc.co.uk/video/0_fdq6pz56

New interview with JJ on the club's website...  Sounds like Emery's staff is keeping the team grounded after a good start under the new boss and are focused on overtaking teams in the table.  

Side note:  JJ has to be the least photogenic person I've ever seen.  That blank, expressionless stare and open mouth make him look as dumb as Gabby Agbonlahor sounds.  

2 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Thought he was great today - glad to have him back.

Agreed - although he was terrible for the goal that should have stood (I guess he won the foul, but it was awful defending).

But yeah, he was very good otherwise.  A real driving force from midfield.

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Agreed - although he was terrible for the goal that should have stood (I guess he won the foul, but it was awful defending).

What goal that should have stood? The Southampton player stepped on his heel, it was a blatant foul on him. 

3 minutes ago, lexicon said:

What goal that should have stood? The Southampton player stepped on his heel, it was a blatant foul on him. 

I didn't notice a heel step so will refrain from any "I'd be fuming if" comments until MOTD :D 

6 minutes ago, bobzy said:

It can’t be terrible defending if you’ve been fouled in fact double fouled - push in the back and the guy stepping on his heel.

Â