Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

6 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Bloody hell some of the names in there :D

Taylor Harwood-Bellis
Chukwunonso Maduere
Valentino Livramento

Like a cheap Department store's attempt at an "own-brand" label, or some terrible knock off eau de parfum

Gravely voice: "VALENTINO LIVRAMENTO, for MEN"

Our own Philogene-Bidace would fit right in.

3 hours ago, hippo said:

More consistent than Grealish at 20 ? 

More consistent and has had a bigger impact. But you could just see Grealish' ridicously high ceiling (which i dont think he's hit), this is not to say that Ramsey doesnt have a high ceiling.

• Like 1

On 18/03/2022 at 11:55, VillaChris said:

Think it's more when Barry started getting regular call ups and he started coming back and doing interviews that it was time to move on (from seemingly rooming with Steven Gerrard....).

Ramsey will come onto the radar of clubs higher up the league soon enough with the potential he has so it's another reason why we need to start qualifying for european competition soon otherwise regular international players start to get frustrated they're not getting similar experience at club level.

I think it should be more of a reason these international players of ours ,should be getting us in to Europe, otherwise they will attract claims, they are just hangers on, at International level.

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Controversial point but I think Grealish has hit his ceiling and it's a brilliant one dont get me wrong and I think on his day he's worth every bit of the £100m but for me only in the style he plays.  I dont think he's adaptable and yet I'm not calling him a one-trick pony, far from it.  Jack is a phenomenal talent and I bet most avid supporters could tell you how Jack plays, what he's good at, what he's not so good at, what works for him and what doesnt.  When he's flying, he's unstoppable.  I do think though that if you dont allow him to play he's average.  I thought the move to Man City was the wrong one for him, the style they play would hamper him.  I think Pep has further restrained him in the way he plays.  I do worry for him because it's like owning a greyhound and living in the city centre apartment block. 

The reason I say he's hit his ceiling is because he plays for a team that are in the oppositions final third 80% of the time, like one touch passes and he has very little opportunity to take the ball on half way line and run towards the wing or goal at the defenders at speed and go past them.  He's not the tippy tappy player, or at least thats not what he's best at.  Anyway this is about JJ, I actually dont know what JJ's ceiling is, he has the physique for being a Yaya Toure type midfielder, he has the "in the box/on the edge of the box" finishing of a Gerrard/Lampard and he has a great engine.  I think we dont know what his ceiling could be just yet.

An insightful post and one I agree with. Especially on the Jack points. 

The one thing I've said about Ramsey since the beginning is, he has all the tools and I think that's what clubs look at in players they're developing. Ramsey isn't amazing at any one thing but he is very good (for his age) at a lot. He's a decent passer, has a good touch, can score, he's very good at running with the ball, can finish and probably his most underrated trait - he's a f***** beast of an athlete. I remember reading in pre-season that he won the bleep test thing? Don't think Cash was far behind. 

In terms of his ceiling, when you have no qualms about the physique and athleticism in a player at his age and they have so many good attributes, the ceiling is so, so high. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

An insightful post and one I agree with. Especially on the Jack points. 

The one thing I've said about Ramsey since the beginning is, he has all the tools and I think that's what clubs look at in players they're developing. Ramsey isn't amazing at any one thing but he is very good (for his age) at a lot. He's a decent passer, has a good touch, can score, he's very good at running with the ball, can finish and probably his most underrated trait - he's a f***** beast of an athlete. I remember reading in pre-season that he won the bleep test thing? Don't think Cash was far behind. 

In terms of his ceiling, when you have no qualms about the physique and athleticism in a player at his age and they have so many good attributes, the ceiling is so, so high. 

I agree with your point on Ramsey, except Ollie Watkins won the bleep test by an utter mile. No one at the club is close to him in terms of fitness. 

Edited by Steero113

18 hours ago, villa4europe said:

MOTM followed by benching

Good to know its the whole set up that's full of clowns rather than just Southgate 

It's Albania he's the best player in that she group along with elliot who was also benched. 

Jacob has that lovely gift of timing. Timing his runs, timing his shots and timing his tackles and steals.  He also, when its slightly off shoots miles into the sky or overhits a pass that looks he simple. But when he is on his game its done so well that theres nothing defenders or keepers can do about it. His placed shots fly into the back of the next as well as those he puts his power behind. As others have said on here i am seeing Yaya Toure in how he can run. Even more impressive when he isn't even 6ft and Toure was massive. In a couple of years he will be able to brush off opponents like we would not believe. His ceiling just might be the Sistene Chapel you know

Edited by MWARLEY2
  • Like 1

I worry... It's the managers job to protect youngsters, it's OK to rest them every now and then
Ramsey has been very poor for a while now and needs to be benched, half expecting sections of the fans to turn on him and his own performances won't be giving him any kind of confidence either.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Chicken Field said:

I worry... It's the managers job to protect youngsters, it's OK to rest them every now and then
Ramsey has been very poor for a while now and needs to be benched, half expecting sections of the fans to turn on him and his own performances won't be giving him any kind of confidence either.

Yep, we all know he is good and has great potential but poor performances will get people on his back. Has needed benching for the last 4 or 5 games just to let him refocus.

Â