Player Departures - 2019

AvfcRigo82

Experience has gone, but Whelan and Adomah aside occasionally,  none of them were starting games in the Championship. Experience with no onfield impact is expensive and pointless 

Thank you and good luck. But no longer needed.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, av1 said:

With 8 gone I'm probably being greedy in hoping Bjarnasson, Lansbury, Tishbola, Hogan and RMC will soon follow. :wave:

Have to find buyers for them though.

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

A lot of PL experience gone there, out of the remaining squad I suppose Jack has the most PL games played? 

Maybe, but as Mazrim points out, they wouldn't be playing for us in the Prem anyway, they're past that stage of their careers.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, av1 said:

With 8 gone I'm probably being greedy in hoping Bjarnasson, Lansbury, Tishbola, Hogan and RMC will soon follow. :wave:

I've not kept up with Tshibola since he left, is there no chance of him improving under a coach like Smith?

3 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Have to find buyers for them though.

Let RMC arrange a night out and make it look like a traggic accident involving mechanical gates. 

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

I've not kept up with Tshibola since he left, is there no chance of him improving under a coach like Smith?

I've not either tbh, but having browsed the loan thread over the course of the season I'm not even sure he was a guaranteed starter in Scotland?

Delighted to see those 8 gone, hopefully a few more will follow them out the door. This was always going to be a summer of high player turnover, at least now we have the money to get good replacements.

Edited by villa89

1 hour ago, Pez1974 said:

A keeper. 3 RBs. A central defender. 2 holding midfielders and a defensive minded winger.

A nucleus is a Steve Bruce team right there.

Probably not enough right backs.

26 minutes ago, av1 said:

Lansbury might surprise a few if he can stay fit, I think Smith rates him anyway from what he's said this season.

Not sure it's possible to get rid of MxCormack now after how his last loan went. He's probably totally not interested in playing football now anyway. Hogan might have some takers in the Championship though. Thor and Tishbola maybe loans out? 

49 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

A lot of PL experience gone there, out of the remaining squad I suppose Jack has the most PL games played? 

It is Elmo (165 appearances) & Taylor (131 appearances) by an absolute mile. Next closest to them is Chester with 60. Those 3 each averaged 75-85 minutes played per game too.

Grealish only made 34 appearances and averaged 48 minutes per game.

Other than that there is very little PL experience left in our squad at all

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Lansbury might surprise a few if he can stay fit, I think Smith rates him anyway from what he's said this season.

Not sure to be honest mate, he has been fit for a couple of months now and has little to no game time.

1 minute ago, LakotaDakota said:

It is Elmo (165 appearances) & Taylor (131 appearances) by an absolute mile. Next closest to them is Chester with 60. Those 3 each averaged 75-85 minutes played per game too.

A lot of massive wages gone as well...

What good would have PL experience have been when the players with it wouldn’t have been cut out for that level anymore...

We have the financial clout, a wonderful stadium, awesome club to play for... We can buy players with PL experience that the manager wants and build from there...

I’m confident!

16 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Good point, I’d forgotten that Elmo and Taylor has both spent good portions of their careers in the PL. thanks 

Â