Player Departures - 2019

AvfcRigo82

With there being many threads of our players - some with debate if they're staying or leaving, this thread has been created to discuss those players who we think could, should or will be leaving us in 2019.

Kicking off then, I have highlighted below those I feel who'll fall into the above imo.

Orjan Nyland - So far he has been very shakey and not filled me with confidence. One I would look to sell or loan out.

Jed Steer - Out of contract in June, not sure if he is worth another contract and I would let him go.

Mark Bunn - Out of contract in June and barely features anyway. Why he was given a one year extension I have no idea.

Micah Richards - Leaves in June. At last!

Ritchie De Laet - Out of contract and not sure he would cut it in the Premier League anymore anyway.

Neil Taylor - Not good enough at this level or Premier League and needs moved on.

Alan Hutton - Out of contract in June sadly and will be a shame to see him leave.

Tommy Elphick - Another player who has had a topsy turvy time at Villa, hopefully he can help us with promotion before his contract expires in June. Decent at this level imo.

Ahmed Elmohamady - Another player who is best as a back up player at this level and should be sold.

Aaron Tshibola - Hopefully he can be offloaded by loan or sale. Cannot see a future here for him.

Jordon Lyden - Too injury prone imo and cannot see his contract being renewed in June.

Glenn Whelan - Out of contract in June and can barely cut it in this league anyway.

Birkir Bjarnason - Decent backup option for a team at this level and should sell him while we can still command a few quid.

Mile Jedinak - Knees are shot and out of contract in June.

Henri Lansbury - This league is his level but too injury prone imo and should be sold.

Andre Green - Can't see what he would offer us in the PL. I would cash in now.

Gary Gardner - Not good enough and his Villa career is over. Sell or loan.

Albert Adomah - Not the player he was when he joined. Handy backup for someone at this level.

Ross McCormack - Villa career is over. Should be sold but will prob be loaned again.

Rushian Hepburn-Murphy - Once a promising youngster but won't cut it in the PL imo. 

Kiernan Davis - Another player full of promise that is not living up to his early hype. Loan out unless an offer is made. Cannot see him in the PL.

Scott Hogan - Sell to a team at this level. Not the player he once was.

Johnny Kodja - Still decent at this level and could sell to recoup a few quid. Would keep him as a backup striker but at PL level, i'm not so sure.  Sell.

Of our group of players we have in on loan:

Andrea Moriera - Not good enough.

Tammy Abraham - Would sign him for sure if the price was right. £30m tops.

Axel Tuanzebe - Another player with a big future ahead of him and would also sign him if the price was right. £25m tops.

Yannick Bolasie - Shown little glimpses of magic here and there but is worryingly inconsistent at this level and not worth £70k pw wages. Return to parent club.

Kortney Hause - *Not yet played*

Anwar El Ghazi - Not lit the place alight so far and remains to be seen what he can actually do. I wouldn't extend his loan based on what i've seen so far though.

The above analysis is mainly based on us winning the play-offs and returning to the PL.

- If we fail I imagine a few of these players may be retained or offered a contract extension.

What are your thoughts folks...

10 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

That'd be some overhaul, we'd be left with 6 first team players in the summer.

Chester, McGinn, Grealish, Hourihane, Bree and Kalinic.

Smith's got his work cut out then!

We've known this for a long time though which is why it's vital that we go up this season imo.

Up to 28 players potentially departing. If we can recoup some transfer fee's (Won't be much) from them would be a bonus, but the amount of wages that would be free'd up would be scary reading i'd imagine in which I'd have a rough estimate that it could be well over £600k a week in wages saved or £2.5m pcm.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

13 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

That'd be some overhaul, we'd be left with 6 first team players in the summer.

Chester, McGinn, Grealish, Hourihane, Bree and Kalinic.

Smith's got his work cut out then!

No goals in that team, and incredibly exposed at the back. Doesn't seem far off some of the shite we've had to watch over the years. :P 

• Haha 1

If we manage to get promoted and then go on and shell out a combined £55m on Axel and Tammy I think I might cry.

That kind of money get's you world class players if you look outside the England. 

• Like 3

All this thread does is show how badly we undertook recruitment and how much money we have wasted.

Not only do we not look like going up this year, if we by some miracle did, we would need not just a new team but a new squad.

This is now a long term project under Smith! 😞

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, macandally said:

All this thread does is show how badly we undertook recruitment and how much money we have wasted.

Not only do we not look like going up this year, if we by some miracle did, we would need not just a new team but a new squad.

This is now a long term project under Smith! 😞

It was highlighted last season under Bruce and even then it was pretty much a list of the same shit.

Thank f*** he ain't in charge of sorting this mess out.

We NEED to go up this season.

I'm not expecting promotion this season and if we fall short, it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.  If we somehow win promotion through the playoffs, that'll be a huge bonus and will massively change our summer plans, but I don't think the powers that be at the club are counting on getting promoted this season.  Purslow mentioned a 3 year promotion plan when he came on board, so I think they're going to do some massive rebuilding over the next two summers.

With all the contracts expiring this summer, it should free up 200-250k/week in wages.  I'm going to guess that the club will sign 6-8 players on Frees/Permanent transfers and we'll probably get in another 3-5 on loans with options to buy.  This is based on nothing but my own gut instinct.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, KMitch said:

I'm not expecting promotion this season and if we fall short, it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.  If we somehow win promotion through the playoffs, that'll be a huge bonus and will massively change our summer plans, but I don't think the powers that be at the club are counting on getting promoted this season.  Purslow mentioned a 3 year promotion plan when he came on board, so I think they're going to do some massive rebuilding over the next two summers.

With all the contracts expiring this summer, it should free up 200-250k/week in wages.  I'm going to guess that the club will sign 6-8 players on Frees/Permanent transfers and we'll probably get in another 3-5 on loans with options to buy.  This is based on nothing but my own gut instinct.

That's fair enough Mitch - but I hope you're instinct is wrong mate.

I mentioned the other day how many we needed to shift. Smith has a massive rebuilding job ahead whatever division we are in. I do though think your list is pretty more extensive than mine though lol. I would keep the youngsters....Greene, Davis. I think we will keep Nyland also as understudy to Kalinic. Possibly Thor and also try to sign El Ghazi permanent as I believe all these will improve with better players and good coaching. The rest can do one. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

pile_of_shit.gif

Sums up how i feel about some of those jokers.

Were going to need a whole new squad in the summer, not sure how we will be able to afford it with parachute payments ending and FFP.

1 minute ago, AshVilla said:

Were going to need a whole new squad in the summer, not sure how we will be able to afford it with parachute payments ending and FFP.

Correct.

Hence why us getting promoted is very important.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

Elphick, Greene, RHM and Davis should stay.

Out of the Loaners list I think we should try for Tuanzebe on permenent as he has been brilliant for us most of the time. Tammy We should pursue if we go up even if we have to meet the 50mill price tag Chelsea have slapped on his add, we would need new strikers anyway in the premiere.

Give Bruce a call and ask him if he wants first dibs on any of his lot apart from Mcginn.

I dont see many fitting now as is, especially if we do go up to the premiere.

Bolasie and ghazi have tried and here and there they put in a solid performance, There is far better out there we could bring in that would and could cause more problems on wings than these two.

Hogan and kodjia should be sold to bring in funds and to make way for youth strikers in my eyes, some dont see it as i do and i respect others opinions. or simply kodjia and Hogan to be sold to put towards an entirely new strike force if we don't have entrance to the premiere a pair that can strike hard, strike fast.

Midfield, well our midfield is pretty much a two man team, so for me every one except Grealish and Mcginn gabby come close to being the type of dominate midfielders they should of been.

Defenders, I see only one who should remain and he's a loaner which is Tuanzebe. Hutton, Chester, Taylor and certainly Elmo have completely been awful. Chester is the one rocking an injury so maybe he mite sort his train wreck of a season out and is the one with a legitimate excuse I think unlike the others mentioned.

Really to say we have all this going on with so many players and unless they turn things round starting now I will absolutely spout FIRESALE on the majority of our players until end of the season. To many players relaxed, taking big wages home yet for some reason or another can't find the heart to bring it to the opposition. Our most noticeable thing is our defence, they are capable at this level some of them, yet they act like complete panzys and fail to snuff out simple challenges, they invite trouble. We would be just as well playing the under23 defence and seeing how we go, here's hoping Hause helps change this and can plug that defence up, he looks the sort of player to sort out our bunch of Hobbits.

Yes we have alot of outgoing this year, personally it would be best that most go whether they are sold, move on or are traded.

Here's to 2019 being the year we got rid of last regimes mess and here's to the owners, Jesus, Purslow, Smith and staff completely changing Villa for the better.

Â