Lovre Kalinić

Tomaszk

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Remember first time I watched him at home to Hull and a weak shot going straight through him and just thinking Oh no not another one.

Bad times they were dark dark days.

Anyway it is nice to be in a position to not even give this donkey a second thought as opposed to his transfer fee and wages strangling the life out of the club.

Wigan was his debut i think and he conceded a goal within the first few minutes, quite a soft one too, seemed ominous at the time.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

He is contracted for a few more years, so hopefully he impresses at Hajduk Split and someone comes in for him. 

Signed a ridiculous contact in the Championship and apparently was on double bubble when we got promoted.

Wouldn't surprise me if he's on 70k a week. Nobody is coming in for him.

Gratefully, these signings look to be in the past.

14 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Signed a ridiculous contact in the Championship and apparently was on double bubble when we got promoted.

Wouldn't surprise me if he's on 70k a week. Nobody is coming in for him.

Gratefully, these signings look to be in the past.

He signed in Dec 2018. Purslow would have been CEO then and Smith the head coach. So can't really blame anyone but our current management if the contract is indeed so toxic.

Lovre is now already in Split, he joined Hajduk on loan for six months with an option to extend the deal for another season after that.
Villa were happy to keep him at Villa Park but Hajduk president got in touch and started his loan move. His manager there will be Boro Primorac, Wengers ex assistant coach.
"Training conditions at Villa were really good but trainings with no matches don't get you anywhere. I couldn't just sit and wait, money doesn't always come first."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slovenian said:

Lovre is now already in Split, he joined Hajduk on loan for six months with an option to extend the deal for another season after that.
Villa were happy to keep him at Villa Park but Hajduk president got in touch and started his loan move. His manager there will be Boro Primorac, Wengers ex assistant coach.
"Training conditions at Villa were really good but trainings with no matches don't get you anywhere. I couldn't just sit and wait, money doesn't always come first."

I highly doubt that was the case. 

25 minutes ago, slovenian said:

that's what he said ;)

He would do 🤣

No football wants a 4th choice keeper on 10's of thousands of pounds a week to stay. 

They probably paid for the ticket and an excursion to Brač.

• 5 months later...
19 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

It’s possible we’ll see more of this guy at the euro’s than we’ve ever seen in a villa shirt 

Hopefully. A great tournament would be great 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Zatman said:

He is Croatian Number 2 or starter. I think he was No. 1 when we signed him 

Sadly, he quickly became a bit of a number two after his arrival at Villa Park. 

• Haha 1

• 5 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Next best thing then, I'd love to know what's gone on here. 

I would guess thats its kalinic wants to play and we have told him he's 3rd choice at best, so he wants to either go on loan or be sold, and as no-one seems to want to buy him, a loan it is!

• Thanks 1

Â