Lovre Kalinić

Tomaszk

33 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

According to wiki, he’s only played 7 times for us, I wouldn’t write him off just yet, particularly if Heaton’s injury persists

I would. He's leaving. 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, hippo said:

The only good thing is about signing him - is that it truly debunks any lingering notion that remi garde  was the right man at the wrong time.

Remi Garde wasn't over transfers just like Smith isnt

• 2 months later...

Was never a fan of this signing - but I'd didn't think he'd be so poor to only manage 10-12 games in the championship for us.

How on earth could we get it so badly wrong . The players CV is decent with international and some decent sides in there - totally and utterly bombed.

Just now, hippo said:

Was never a fan of this signing - but I'd didn't think he'd be so poor to only manage 10-12 games in the championship for us.

How on earth could we get it so badly wrong . The players CV is decent with international and some decent sides in there - totally and utterly bombed.

He played 5 games and got concussion

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

He played 5 games and got concussion

Jesus - like I say I was never a fan - but 5 championship appearances- per his CV should have done more.

.....maybe he never recovered from the concussion.

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Jesus - like I say I was never a fan - but 5 championship appearances- per his CV should have done more.

.....maybe he never recovered from the concussion.

When I was in Croatia last summer, I was talking to someone who was involved with supporters groups (yes probably ultras) of Hajduk Split. He seemed certain that Kalinic had injured his arm not long after joining and was never going to fully recuperate. Know idea how true, but it would certainly explain why for us and on loan he’s never got back playing.

5 hours ago, hippo said:

Can only be Smith never wanted him. He recalled Steer and we also called Sarkic back that January. Guess Suso was clearing out an old drawer of transfer targets, saw his name given we wanted him in Jan 2016, saw he played in Belgium and....Bingo.

He didn't look convincing in his early games but when you think of all the chances we've given Nyland it does seem harsh he didn't get a chance in league cup and was just put as 4th choice.

Is there anything at all happening around this player? Any faint signs of Professional curiosity from any obscure team? An agent at least faking interest? Shirley he can't be happy with just sitting around collecting payment when it's obvious he doesn't have a future or getting any game time here. Or, he might just be exactly that. 🤔 Especially as it seems clear that we've priced him out of any move, salary-wise.

Just now, Gompedyret said:

Is there anything at all happening around this player? Any faint signs of Professional curiosity from any obscure team? An agent at least faking interest? Shirley he can't be happy with just sitting around collecting payment when it's obvious he doesn't have a future or getting any game time here. Or, he might just be exactly that. 🤔 Especially as it seems clear that we've priced him out of any move, salary-wise.

Quote I Am Serious GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time

• Haha 1

Â