Lovre Kalinić

Tomaszk

• 3 weeks later...
On 20/01/2020 at 17:21, rodders0223 said:

Another one on the Villa gravy train. Ridiculous signing at the time of financial constraints. Ridiculous signing now.

Bizarre. Probably more bizarre than the Hogan and Ross days.

We were desperate for a keeper at the time, I was very excited when we signed him, I still don’t think that Kalinic has had a fair crack of the whip

• Like 1

12 hours ago, slovenian said:

He was substituted in 37th minute today due to hamstring injury.

Weird, didn't he also get injured for us in this third game or something?  And never got back in the team.

• 4 months later...

Think we will also see one of Steer or Nyland leave in the summer as well, to allow Sinisalo to become third choice. Cutler was sayinig recently that we want our goalkeepers to come from the academy, at the moment there's too many at the club... kalinić, Šarkić, Reina, Steer, Nyland, Heaton, those six alone could be first choice options for a lot of teams, even Šarkić is a full international... Then we've got Sinisalo, Jamie Searle, Ákos Onódi and Filip Marschall coming through as well, Sinisalo and Onódi have been training with the first team.

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

On paper a good signing for some reason hasn't worked out. 

According to wiki, he’s only played 7 times for us, I wouldn’t write him off just yet, particularly if Heaton’s injury persists

Â