Lovre Kalinić

Tomaszk

6 minutes ago, Hornso said:

If Nyland goes, do we hold Kalinic until Heaton is fit or do we offload him this window also (if we can)?

I'd get rid of both if possible as if the worst happens and Martinez gets injured Steer can do a job short term. Don't feel like we need a 3rd keeper in the meantime.

That said, I think getting rid of either might be easier said than done and I wouldn't be surprised to see both their contracts run down. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Hornso said:

If Nyland goes, do we hold Kalinic until Heaton is fit or do we offload him this window also (if we can)?

17 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I'd get rid of both if possible as if the worst happens and Martinez gets injured Steer can do a job short term. Don't feel like we need a 3rd keeper in the meantime.

That said, I think getting rid of either might be easier said than done and I wouldn't be surprised to see both their contracts run down. 

IMO i'd try to keep one of the two at least until Heaton is back full time. Reasoning would be that while Steer can deputize, has been severely injury plagued which might end up biting us like it did last season

16 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Heaton will be looking for a move either in Jan or the summer if Martinez is number one (which I think he will be) so the rest of them do have the chance to audition for number two...

Nyland & Kalinic have had long enough. Time to move on & move them on.

Edited by Jas10

13 minutes ago, Xela said:

I can't recall a single game he played anymore. Why was he dropped? Was he making mistakes? I can see he made 8 starts for us?

He was Croatia’s number one keeper and everyone was really excited that he signed but he didn’t look great in his first few matches and then got a bad head injury which put him out for a while. And that was that really.

Just now, Jas10 said:

They’ve had long enough. Time to move on & move them on.

Well then we will need someone else if Heaton goes (the only thing that may complicate this is I think he will struggle to find another Prem club to be number one). Feel bad for the guy but think absolutely the right move for the club to bring in Martinez.

19 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Last season be like: " You don't even remember me "

Aston Villa will go into their Premier League clash with Newcastle United without their first and second-choice goalkeepers.

Their £8m signing Tom Heaton was forced to pull out of the England squad this international break after picking up an injury in training ahead of their Midlands derby with Wolves.

Dean Smith's side were then dealt a second blow when his deputy, Jed Steer, was forced off in the 2-1 home defeat to their rivals last weekend with a calf injury.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-newcastle-goalkeeper-injuries-17258755

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

That was November though. We got really unlucky with keepers getting injured and still didn't need a third until past the point Heaton will be back this year. 

1 hour ago, Xela said:

I can't recall a single game he played anymore. Why was he dropped? Was he making mistakes? I can see he made 8 starts for us?

It was the game away to Brentford from what I recall (he started well in that match after a shaky few games) where he got a concussion, then Steer came in and the rest is history.

Â