Lovre Kalinić

Tomaszk

12 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I think it shows that even  good footballing  small nations can lack strength and depth if this bloke has played for Croatia. It has a smaller population than Scotland in fairness.

I don't think you've followed the situation at all if you're trying to say he wasn't a good footballer, he was and he isn't any more. Injuries have seen him decline rapidly.

You do realise Croatia made the World Cup final don't you 😂🤦‍♂️ 

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I will raise you Mathieu Berson, and the  late Vaclav Drobny.

I think we should play pointless Villa signings poker.

Jean Makoun (I had to google him to remember his name / only remembered talk of a nice jumper when signing 🤣 ) and Eric Djemba Djemba as well. We could go on and on with the list as sadly we have signed a hell of a lot of duff signings over the years. Hopefully we have started to reverse this trend. 🤞

I think in the 'who was the worst Villa signing of all time' contest it's neck and neck over the finish line for N'Zogbia and McCormack for me, probably N'Zog by a photo finish. The fees at the time, the wages, the length of time they were here and the fact that there was no excuse for them not playing for us for all of that time, other than the fact that they were both complete and utter words removed make them stand out above all others.

Richards was a massive clearing in the woods but he was an injured massive clearing in the woods, Lescott was only here a year, Balaban and Kalinic just never really fancied and tried, Balaban wasn't here that long either from memory.

Curcic and Collymore were the original disaster signings but those 2 i mention eclipsed those by some distance.

10 minutes ago, NeilS said:

Jean Makoun (I had to google him to remember his name / only remembered talk of a nice jumper when signing 🤣 ) and Eric Djemba Djemba as well. We could go on and on with the list as sadly we have signed a hell of a lot of duff signings over the years. Hopefully we have started to reverse this trend. 🤞

I had high hopes for Jean ll Makoun  ,funnily enough his son is a hot prospect in football now 17 years old Jean lll Makoun

• Like 1

You can't talk about pointless signing without talking about Richards and Lescott. The Premier League winning centre back combination that managed 17 points in a season. Half the points gained by the team in 19th. 

The contract given to Richards was probably the worst bit of business this club has ever done! 

• Like 1

After reviewing the photo finish (by checking Wiki) :-)

Zog, 5 years 80 games 4 goals, £9.5m (winger)

McCormack, 3 years, 20 games 3 goals, £11m (striker)

So yes, i'll hand it to McCormack because of the fact that Zog did at least play 4 times as many games in less that twice the time.

Makoun really could play it just never worked out here for some reason. I'd say Benteke was the only top player we got the most out of and that's cos the whole team was set up to. Even Angel we rarely got the most out of cos he was playing with half wits like Vassell etc

1 hour ago, DJ_Villain said:

Brett Holman, Moustapha Salifou, Jordan Bowery, Karim El Ahmadi, Stephen Ireland...

We have signed some dross over the years... and Kalinic is probably the best goalkeeping representative for one of our worst signings

I liked KEA to be honest. Was surrounded by some rubbish. Didn't he go back and win Dutch title once maybe more?

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Lovre Kalinic Please.

There's a thread for worst signings.

Boo! I was just about to bring out the Ivo Stas and David Unsworth cards!

Kalinic - can't help but feel we'll be loaning this guy out, part funding his wages, until his contract runs out. 

Â