Match Thread:West Brom v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

He won the ball. Not sure it was even a foul

McGinn was first one that IMO. Either way you can't hammer through from behind and think it won't be a foul. Normally that's a yellow in any league. Just the rules of the game. 

• Like 1

If Tammy had his shooting boots on we'd be going in 3-1 up.

Why thats been given as an own goal, I thought the rule was if the shot is on target then it goes to the player taking the shot?

• Like 1

You can't take your eyes off it can you?

I think on the balance of play Albion will make a claim they've been the better side, they're overloading us down our right hand side and we might see a change at half time. I think it's been very even except in one regard - chances. We've thundered a post and Tammy could have had a hat trick in that half - we will score again in this game. I think we might have to score at least two more to win it. We can.

• Like 2

Just now, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Front 3 go up a few gears and we can do this

Think we need to be faster after halftime.

This game could go anyway although we've had the better chances were in need to actually put them away  Damn you EFL for making Tammy player of the month.

I think we can do much better with our decision making. Some of our build up play has been good but we've tried to force the issue and given the ball away. Some strange diagonal balls that are not on, some first time passes that were not on and for their goal Tammy tried a little flick that wasn't on rather than retaining the ball. 

It's good to take risks but you have to take the right risks. 

Arguably it's a fair result so far, Albion carved a good chance and took it, we were a bit lucky with the goal but have created far more. 

I think a tad more intensity second half and we could win this one.