Match Thread:West Brom v Villa

limpid

4 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Entertaining first half. Are there really two stronger teams than this in the league?

Was thinking the same, looks like 2 quality teams going at it and the margins will be fine. I'm actually proud of us for holding our own, almost purely based on having not seeing us this capable in years!

NOTE: Tuanzebe might be a bit TOO confident in our box at times.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Purely subjective, buy ay.

It's not. Elmo is a consistent player, you will always get a 7/10 performance out of him.

Hutton do some great stuff but he also do alot of f***ups. It's always been in his game

Match winners on both sides so too hard to call which way this is going to go!

I think we've played ok, probably shading the first half and a little unfortunate to be going in level. 

A little lucky with out goal but fair play for El Ghazi, if you don't shoot you don't score.

Poor goal to concede, Tammy needs to hold the ball up there, the flick would have to be something pretty special to find Bolasie, from there Hutton should clear and Chester should have been closer to Gayle. Disappointing, because that aside, they haven't created a whole lot.

Would like us to try keep the ball a bit more and wear them down. 

UTV 

Sure it’s stated earlier, but we should be 3 goals clear.

you cannot criticise Abraham, but you have to think what a very decent striker would do in this side. I wonder if Grabban would be on 20+ in this side by now.

Barry should be on a yellow.

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Hutton gift wraps them a goal with son3 Sunday league defending. No idea why he didn’t put that out fir a throw as we were badly exposed. 

He didn't have opportunity to put it out, he only really got onto the ball on the turn when he muscled out Barnes, but he had to unbalance himself to do it - you'd like your midfielder to be getting there to help out if all you can do is slow a forward down. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

We'll ship at least three I think. We need to start putting those chances away.

We're not looking clinical for sure.  I'm not so sure we'll ship at least three though - we've coped with them (on the whole) not too badly given the horror shows we've seen.  

We need to attack - we have in our ability to destroy them given the right circumstances, and we need to do it early.  ridinghorse.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

It's not. Elmo is a consistent player, you will always get a 7/10 performance out of him.

Hutton do some great stuff but he also do alot of f***ups. It's always been in his game

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

Hutton’s starting position on that goal is utterly moronic

To be fair, that was a horrific giving away of possession by Abraham, trying the flick around the corner to Bolasie when had 2 men on him - and we had pushed too many up leaving the back exposed.

• Like 1