Neil Cutler

KH**

50 minutes ago, Tayls said:

But the guy didn’t help him to become number 1 over Leno, so it already seems like an issue. Especially off the back of Martinez post. Club is a mess. 

Martinez was one of the only players to thank Emery, I don’t think there is a problem at all.

• Like 1

It's unlucky for him as it probably wouldn't be happening if Villa had a manager coming in that didn't have a goalkeeper coach as part of his existing team, but those are the breaks in football I guess. Not his fault but on the plus side he's certainly leaving the job with an even greater reputation than he arrived with, so I'm sure he'll still go on to have a good career. Hope so anyway.

7 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

not gonna like, im kinda shocked by this.

Stop being upset.

Villareal conceded 37 goals in 38 games last season.

We are clearly getting an excellent gk coach. And probably an upgrade on Cutler.

3 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Stop being upset.

Villareal conceded 37 goals in 38 games last season.

We are clearly getting an excellent gk coach. And probably an upgrade on Cutler.

I always thought that the defenders, and to a lesser extent other players on the pitch, played a large part in how many goals a team concedes, but what do I know.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, smokingzen said:

I always thought that the defenders, and to a lesser extent other players on the pitch, played a large part in how many goals a team concedes, but what do I know.

It's both.

But a gk with a good coach has a huge effect on the defence.

Just look at how nervous Nyland made our entire back line and how it affected them.

Still, only 37 goals conceded is impressive. We are clearly getting best in class defensive coaches + gk coach.

Edited by Pinebro

3 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

I like Cutler and shame to see him go, but I'm please Unai is not concerned with sentimentality. He's being ruthless to get what he wants and hopefully we see it with the playing squad also.

This, no problem with Cutler but I hope Emery is ruthless. I’ve had enough of us being an easy touch, I’m happy for him to do whatever he sees fit. 

Edited by WHY
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I will never understand the fanfare around Cutler. I’m sure he’s a fine coach but equally our goalkeepers have been consistently poor except for Emi for one season. So why the despair?

Just look at him, a magnificent specimen of a man.

Edited by fightoffyour

Â