Neil Cutler

KH**

1 hour ago, Pinebro said:

Stop being upset.

Villareal conceded 37 goals in 38 games last season.

We are clearly getting an excellent gk coach. And probably an upgrade on Cutler.

i didnt say i was upset, just shocked.

If it works out fine, then cool beans.

8 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i didnt say i was upset, just shocked.

If it works out fine, then cool beans.

I'm not shocked.

Unai is very loyal to his staff.

Tbf Neil comes across a great guy in interviews but looking at Villareal's defensive numbers last season reality suggests we getting an upgrade.

I'm excited!

Edited by Pinebro

9 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

I'm not shocked.

Unai is very loyal to his staff.

Tbf Neil comes across a great guy in interviews but looking at Villareal's defensive numbers last season reality suggests we getting an upgrade.

I'm excited!

yeah fingers crossed, i hope Emery and his team are the answer, i really do.

1 hour ago, Spoony said:

I will never understand the fanfare around Cutler. I’m sure he’s a fine coach but equally our goalkeepers have been consistently poor except for Emi for one season. So why the despair?

Yeah I don't get all the hype either. Decent coach I'm sure, not sure why people rave about him though.

3 hours ago, Tayls said:

But the guy didn’t help him to become number 1 over Leno, so it already seems like an issue. Especially off the back of Martinez post. Club is a mess. 

What post?

Club is a mess...what an overexaggeration over an average GK coach leaving.

• Like 1

Surely we want a manager who has the balls to make the big calls for the benefit of the club?

Getting upset over getting rid of a GK coach who I'm guessing most people have no proper evidence of being any better than average, but who's a very nice guy.

All seems a bit ridiculous to me.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

What post?

Club is a mess...what an overexaggeration over an average GK coach leaving.

His Instagram post. 
I think if you read the post that Martinez made, it will make more sense. To me it seems as though we have just pissed off a top GK by getting rid of his coach and mate. 

Edited by Tayls

His role has been unclear to me, at times both under Smith and Gerrard he was one of the more active on the side line during the games, barking out orders and giving instructions, clearly not just to the goal keeper. I think it's good with stability and to have some supporting staff that stay no matter of who is the manager, but the ones closest to the manager needs to go when a change is made and the new manager must be able to decide who should be in his team of coaches.

27 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

His role has been unclear to me, at times both under Smith and Gerrard he was one of the more active on the side line during the games, barking out orders and giving instructions, clearly not just to the goal keeper. I think it's good with stability and to have some supporting staff that stay no matter of who is the manager, but the ones closest to the manager needs to go when a change is made and the new manager must be able to decide who should be in his team of coaches.

He even used to be part of the mothers meetings that Smith used to hold every time he considered making a sub.

1 minute ago, Icarium said:

Worried about the knock on effects of this, Cutler had a lot of respect from the keepers at the club, hopefully the new guy is a clear upgrade

Emi been very poor this season. 

Maybe a change is needed. 

4 hours ago, Spoony said:

I will never understand the fanfare around Cutler. I’m sure he’s a fine coach but equally our goalkeepers have been consistently poor except for Emi for one season. So why the despair?

WATCH: Villa's Jed Steer stares down Mason Holgate before penalty save |  JOE.co.uk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

I dont think he has been poor but he is not getting much protection so is facing more shots than normal or better XG shots than normal

1 hour ago, Pinebro said:

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I dont think he has been poor but he is not getting much protection so is facing more shots than normal or better XG shots than normal

Beat me to it @Zatman think its as much on the teams poor defensive efforts as it is on Emi

10 hours ago, Icarium said:

Worried about the knock on effects of this, Cutler had a lot of respect from the keepers at the club, hopefully the new guy is a clear upgrade

I would imagine Cutler and the keepers would have been aware of this as soon as Emery was announced. 

Â