January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

Anyone know anything about this guy?

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/12/30/report-aston-villa-close-to-signing-cheick-doukoure/

Report: Aston Villa close to signing Cheick Doukoure

Aston Villa are reportedly closing in on a deal to sign midfielder Cheick Doukoure on loan.

Aston Villa are close to completing a deal to sign Cheick Doukoure on loan, according to a report from the Sunday Mirror (30/12; page 73), with the Levante midfielder's agent arriving in Birmingham at the weekend.

Dean Smith is gearing up for his first transfer window as Villans boss. The club have made a bright start under the new boss, but clearly do need additions in the January window, having won just one of their last five fixtures.

And perhaps Doukoure could prove to be one of those signings. The Sunday Mirror (30/12; page 73) reports that the 26-year-old is close to joining Villa, despite interest from Rayo Vallecano.

His agent has reportedly come to England as the Villans look to agree a loan deal for the Ivory Coast international. 

The holding midfielder has made five appearances in La Liga this term, including two starts, but he has not played for Levante since early November, so it is little surprise that he appears to be available.

Villa are certainly not short of options in the middle of the park. And it was Glenn Whelan who provided the assist for Tammy Abraham's goal in their 1-1 draw with Preston North End on Saturday. 

But there are probably plenty of supporters who would argue that they need more quality just in front of the defence. And Smith is seemingly hoping that Doukoure will provide that.

8 hours ago, Dave-R said:

If snoddy wasn't playing for west ham I'd say try and bring him to villa, try a cheeky bid for him anyway, he did play last week against Southampton though.

The answer from west ham ca  only be one of two, if the price is rite I don't see why a snoddy sale can't be done.

Would love us to bring him back home, but I suspect that bird has flown. He's playing and performing well for them so they would be foo!s to let him go but Gold and Sullivan are fools so perhaps there is a chance. They would hold us to ransom on the price though..

• Like 1

I was really impressed with Jordan Storey and Ryan Ledson from yesterday's game. Both are only 21 but played with a lot of maturity and assurance. I thought Storey held Abraham well for the majority of the first half and was actually picking up Hutton when Abraham scored. Ledson was composed and made some excellent passes. I wouldn't be against us taking a punt on either player if an opportunity arose. CB and CM are both areas we could strengthen in. 

2 hours ago, KMitch said:

I honestly don't see us raiding Brentford for players.  Maybe 1 or 2, if the price is right and Deano 100% believes they're Premier League quality and great characters.  I honestly think we're going to surprise a lot of people with the signings we make going forward.  We just signed the Croatian national team's keeper and it sounds like we're wrapping up a deal for the next Matic, who has 100+ games of La Liga experience.  No disrespect to Brentford, but we're Aston Villa, have rich owners, and a Director of Football who did the same job at Athletico Madrid and Valencia.  

Looks like Villa are doing a Wolves with hopefully the same result by the end of the season.

The good thing is there really is a host of players better than hutton and elmo that won't be overly expensive. Two very poor to average at best full backs so there is scope to find better. Bree I think is a good solid th and still young so I would definitely keep him here.

• Like 1

I agree regarding the calibre of player we can attract compared to Brentford but I am also excited about the prospect of finally having a coaching set up used to working with and improving players and seeing which hidden gems we find and develop too!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The good thing is there really is a host of players better than hutton and elmo that won't be overly expensive. Two very poor to average at best full backs so there is scope to find better. Bree I think is a good solid th and still young so I would definitely keep him here.

Agreed, both are awful.

2 minutes ago, New_Hope said:

I agree regarding the calibre of player we can attract compared to Brentford but I am also excited about the prospect of finally having a coaching set up used to working with and improving players and seeing which hidden gems we find and develop too!

Indeed, when you look at teams like QPR, Norwich, Leeds, even our opponents yesterday, they all have a number of young kids in their sides that I'd never even heard off that look comfortable in their roles. 

There are low cost gems in this league and our status as one of (imo the biggest) the biggest clubs in the league put us in a great position to cherry pick. 

I'm really excited to see what Smith does over the next 5 weeks, the investment made with the new keeper certainly suggests he will be backed. 

It's a balancing act....we need quality for the here and now to improve the team but we need one eye on the future too. 

I genuinely feel we have at last got the infrastructure in place to develop massively as a club and get it right.

Kalinic

xxxxxx    Chester    xxxxxx   xxxxxxx

xxxxxxxx

Grealish     McGinn

El Ghazi                                   Bolasie

Tammy

The bare minimum I expect from this window, if we can pay off the likes of Whelan and Jedi we should do if they can accept lesser deals elsewhere.
There is a lot of wages going to waste that can be so much better utilised now we have a progressive manager.

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Kalinic

xxxxxxxx

Grealish     McGinn

Tammy

The bare minimum I expect from this window, if we can pay off the likes of Whelan and Jedi we should do if they can accept lesser deals elsewhere.
There is a lot of wages going to waste that can be so much better utilised now we have a progressive manager.

probably agree with that tbh (the positions we need), although maybe Bree could be given a run at RB?, we then still have numerous RB's and more can be invested in the CB/LB/DMC positions.

I also think we need an AMC though, with Grealish out and we dont know how long for, he has been a real miss, we need another player with similar capabilities, our midfield hasnt been the same since he has been out.

Finally I believe Chester has been carrying an injury for a whilr and if we actually got a couple of competent CB he would likely need a decent period of rest and recovery, whether that's Elphick and another CB we sign i dont know?

Edited by MaVilla

12 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Kalinic

xxxxxxxx

Grealish     McGinn

Tammy

How do you save money by paying up contracts?

Starting to view El Ghazi and Bolasie as luxury players to be honest.

As well all know, obviously can do the unpredictable and create or score goals out of nothing.

However will give 5/6 out of 10 performances most times.

We need a much stronger spine if we are to afford these players.

OR obviously ideally have better versions of them, which is difficult in our current plight.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, av1 said:

How do you save money by paying up contracts?

Well if Jedi is earning £50k here and someone in Australia only offers him a £20k deal I would take that hit and pay him off.

Same with Whelan, same with BB, Lansbury, Elmo, Taylor, Hogan and Hutton. All options and offers hould be considered. They are Bruce's players, one trick ponies and they are not capable of playing in this system.
I think we need a huge shake up because Smith has done miracles but I don't we will keep it up with this bunch.

Edited by rodders0223

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Well if Jedi is earning £50k here and someone in Australia only offers him a £20k deal I would take that hit and pay him off.

Same with Whelan, same with BB, Lansbury, Elmo, Taylor and Hutton. All options should be considered. They are Bruce's players, one trick ponies and they are not capable of playing in this system.
I think we need a huge shake up because Smith has done miracles but I don't we will keep it up with this bunch.

Oh I agree that they all need shifting, but it's much harder than the maths suggest. Sadly I don't see any of those players leaving the club until their contracts expire. 

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Starting to view El Ghazi and Bolasie as luxury players to be honest.

As well all know, obviously can do the unpredictable and create or score goals out of nothing.

However will give 5/6 out of 10 performances most times.

We need a much stronger spine if we are to afford these players.

OR obviously ideally have better versions of them, which is difficult in our current plight.

I don't rate El Ghazi very highly, but I'm not sure how we're going to find a better version of Bolasie. He is genuinely top shelf. 

I agree with the part in bold but it would apply to any seriously dynamic winger or ACM. Our spine is the problem and has been for a long time. 

• Like 1

does anyone know anything about this Doukoure dude?

Is he decent on the ball for a DMC?, my other concern is he's an ivory coast international (if thats true?), all that means to me is we will lose him for multiple games while hes off playing for the Ivory Coast in numerous badly timed international tournaments.

also...on loan?.....another one.

found this, only short: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AS25v8KYKXo

Edited by MaVilla

Interesting thing about this transfer window is that we aren't just going to go out and sign a centre back who has kept the most clean sheets in the French League 2, or a past it name from the Premiership who can no longer get a game. It's now all about buying players that fit into the team engine, a ball playing centre back, dominant to play next to Chester. Full backs that can defend but are also comfortable on the ball and able to help pass and move to build up play. 

It's been a long time since we've had someone in charge, or a collective group in charge, that are planning in the right way for the future of the club.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

Alan Nixon has tweeted that Nyland is crocked in training and we are trying to recll Steer for Tuesday's game!!!

Surely Moreia or Sarkic or even Bunn can sit on the bench for a couple of games?

• Like 1