January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

2 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

Ravel Morrison - should we bring him in as cover for grealish?

Villa are a meat and potatoes team without super jack we need someone who can do something unpredictable.

Ha that’s a good one. 

Unfortunatley in terms of predictability I think at this stage of his career he’d be more likely to steal the keys to JTs car than win us a football match. 

Edited by villaglint
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, John said:

Surely Moreia or Sarkic or even Bunn can sit on the bench for a couple of games?

That depends on the injury. If he's out for a while we need decent cover for a brand new keeper.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

You disagree?

The fact that you just effectively suggested that our manager isn't a 'proper manager' would be enough for most people to disagree. I appreciate you're entitled to your own opinion but that's pretty disrespectful.

• Like 3

To be honest Brentford have always struck me as a side that are greater than the sum of their parts, whose overall structure and playing style have got them where they are rather than individual talent. They have some good players but the fact is that they're 18th in the league and I think that we can do better than aim for whoever they have playing in whatever position it is we need to fill. I'm sure they have certain players that could definitely improve us, but I swear a player from Brentford has been suggested as a signing for every possible position at some point on here.

Can only echo what has been said repeatedly above that a new CB/LB/DCM are required to bring us to the next level in this window. Could also desperately do with a better right back but I think the fact we actually have numbers there might put the breaks on that, and because of how threadbare we are in the other positions they should take priority anyway. However hopefully the silver lining might be that Bree can make that position his own after having this run in the side he's on at the moment.

Edited by Indigo
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

If Bolasie was at Middlesbrough under Pulis or under Allardyce again or any team with a solid core and proper manager, he would be absolutely flourishing.

giphy.gif

@Michael118 this is how your post made me feel. lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 4

55 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

The fact that you just effectively suggested that our manager isn't a 'proper manager' would be enough for most people to disagree. I appreciate you're entitled to your own opinion but that's pretty disrespectful.

Why is it disrespectful to suggest Smith isn't a proper manager if that's what my opinion is? Is it disrespectful to suggest Steve Bruce wasn't a proper manager?

FWIW, you've taken my comment the wrong way. Just because I think Bolasie needs a 'solid core' and 'proper manager' to flourish isn't necessarily a reflection on Smith. I wouldn't have appointed Smith and I said before we signed Bolasie that it would likely be a bad career move for him. My comment was more of an endorsement of Pulis and Allardyce who have proven they can get the best out of players like Bolasie. I'm not sure Smith is capable of it to be honest.

2 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Why is it disrespectful to suggest Smith isn't a proper manager if that's what my opinion is? Is it disrespectful to suggest Steve Bruce wasn't a proper manager?

FWIW, you've taken my comment the wrong way. Just because I think Bolasie needs a 'solid core' and 'proper manager' to flourish isn't necessarily a reflection on Smith. I wouldn't have appointed Smith and I said before we signed Bolasie that it would likely be a bad career move for him. My comment was more of an endorsement of Pulis and Allardyce who have proven they can get the best out of players like Bolasie. I'm not sure Smith is capable of it to be honest.

I’m interested to know how Pulis or Allardyce could have got more out of Bolasie?

33 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Or under Steve Bruce....

Except Allardyce and Pulis are at least a level or two above Bruce in terms of quality. Both are able to get the best out of players who are underperforming whereas Bruce can't.

Edited by Michael118