January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

4 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

Even Bruce isn't that stupid!

Wouldn't put anything past Bruce, the guy will buy a player only to send him out on loan later on.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Rico Henry would be a good signing if he over his injury problems. 

He certainly would be. I thought we should have gone for him when he left Walsall. He is particularly impressive coming forward. Dean Smith had him at Walsall and then brought him to Brentford, if he signs him for us then he clearly really rates the lad, having worked with him twice already and that would be a good enough reason to bring him to Villa Park for me.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KMitch said:

I'm very surprised that we haven't gotten in a DM yet...  I think a DM which fits Deano's system is more important this month than a LB to challenge Taylor.  There were rumblings in Spain that we made inquiries into 2 different DMs around Christmas, and I saw an article that we're also looking into possibly doing a deal for James McCarthy. 

I agree. Whilst I dislike the Whelan bashing the fact he is 34 and professional as he is, he will be leaving us when his contract runs out in the summer. The same for Jedinak as well I would suspect.

1 hour ago, John said:

He certainly would be. I thought we should have gone for him when he left Walsall. He is particularly impressive coming forward. Dean Smith had him at Walsall and then brought him to Brentford, if he signs him for us then he clearly really rates the lad, having worked with him twice already and that would be a good enough reason to bring him to Villa Park for me.

I see what you mean John and whilst DS had him at his past two clubs, he now needs to be signing players with one eye on the Premier League potentially.

If the fee was around £1-2m then I suppose it could be harmless.

• Like 2

I wonder if we woukd go back in for that French defender we missed out on deadline day. He has been banished from first team as wont sign new deal and is available for a fee now as can leave on free in summer.

Under a new coach he might come...

• Like 2

Hope we go back for him,but i think it will be alot harder now with bigger teams wanting him. With Tuanzebe out for almost the rest of the campaign we need another CB if the money is there. In the summer we let Elphick go and put our trust in one of the acadamy players as 4 choice. 

33 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I wonder if we woukd go back in for that French defender we missed out on deadline day. He has been banished from first team as wont sign new deal and is available for a fee now as can leave on free in summer.

He has played every  league game but 1 this season and I think that game was when he nearly joined us

Dortmund want him too which might be more tempting

Edited by Zatman

5 minutes ago, sne said:

Barely, certainly cant run anymore.

Bruce didn't like his dm running very much did he. Jedinak has been a good servant for the club but his time is up.

Whelan is hit and miss but for me not good enough if your looking for promotion. 

Personally I think the two most needed positions now are LB & DM, I can envisage we will make two more signings, and I really hope it's for those two positions.

If we made a third would say a RB or CB, probably a RB for third choice position.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

He might be an option but we have been messed around once by him and I would not give him the chance to do that again myself. He had the opportunity to join us and I am not sure I would give him another, if he wants one in any case. I certainly would not fly him over for talks this time he can take the ferry and pay his own fare! ;)

12 minutes ago, John said:

He might be an option but we have been messed around once by him and I would not give him the chance to do that again myself. He had the opportunity to join us and I am not sure I would give him another, if he wants one in any case. I certainly would not fly him over for talks this time he can take the ferry and pay his own fare! ;)

Put yourself in his position - would you have joined Villa when managed by Bruce this summer?