January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

6 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Might have missed this being mentioned earlier but James Collins has joined the sinking ship which is Ipswich.

I thought he was injured and hence why he ripped up his contract with us?

Edit: I suppose now we’ve got cover at CB it was made clear he wouldn’t be getting a contract. 

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Put yourself in his position - would you have joined Villa when managed by Bruce this summer?

Yes in a heartbeat, but sadly I doubt that even Steve Bruce would have given me a game. :( 

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Put yourself in his position - would you have joined Villa when managed by Bruce this summer?

He stated that he was happy with everything, but did not like the style of football.

Pretty smart, in my opinion.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Jedinak has been a good servant for the club but his time is up.

He’s been here 2.5 seasons and played 70 times, about 60% of games. Hardly a good servant. For me he has just been average.

————————-

This window a left back is the main priority, Henry was good a few years but a big gamble after his injuries. Who else we could get I don’t know. After that a dm  would be nice. You’d like to hope the team behind the team are in discussions now.

• Like 3

I’ve just noticed that Robert Huth has said he’s retired. It’s a sad indictment of the previous regime that we were apparently interested in him in the summer. We’d have probably paid him about £50k a week on a three year contract too. 

• Haha 2

Sad but expected that no one has come in for any of our fringe players (please Bruce, PLEASE!) yet.

No one their right mind is going to match the contacts we've been giving them.

2 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

I thought he was injured and hence why he ripped up his contract with us?

Edit: I suppose now we’ve got cover at CB it was made clear he wouldn’t be getting a contract. 

yet still contributed more in his time than Micah Richards

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

yet still contributed more in his time than Micah Richards

I fairness, I have contributed more to the team than Micah Richards.

In fact, botulism has contributed more to the team than Micah Richards.

• Haha 3

I'm seeing some serious disrespect to big Micah in here.

I can't believe you're all forgetting that Richards scored an amazing goal in a 3-2 defeat to Watford which left us on 5 points in the middle of November in our fantastic Remi Garde season.

Contributed nothing? Pah!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I'm seeing some serious disrespect to big Micah in here.

I can't believe you're all forgetting that Richards scored an amazing goal in a 3-2 defeat to Watford which left us on 5 points in the middle of November in our fantastic Remi Garde season.

Contributed nothing? Pah!

Don’t forget his performance v Bournemouth on the opening day at centre back, he was outstanding 

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Don’t forget his performance v Bournemouth on the opening day at centre back, he was outstanding 

Had to do a double take on that one.

Then I noticed the poster. 

• Haha 3