Eastie

Sir Doug Ellis

If you could forgive someone absolutely everything just because they happen to be "Villa through and through", then half the threads on this forum wouldn't exist. :D 

• Like 3

Like him or loathe him he was a character for sure. With the new owners and coaching structure this really feels like a line has been drawn under 'old Villa and the old remnants swept away.

Nobody is ever truly good or bad,  we're a complicated mixture of thoughts,  deeds and emotions.  I think history will look favourably on Doug's Stewardship of Aston Villa particularly with what's happened since. Running a successful football club is far harder than most of us will know. 

He literally was Villa till he died.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

And some semblance of the old trinity back while we’re at it?

Don't mention the vandalism of the Trinity road, it's a sombre day for us all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

RIP Sir Doug.

For better or worse he was a massive part of my football-supporting youth and early adulthood.

Condolences to his family.

• Like 2

I have mixed feelings on the old fella.....but I will choose this moment to be respectful and focus on the positives.

Rest In Peace Doug

sorry, we couldn't master any further glory before you passed on.

• Like 3

Rip Doug. I don't think it is the time to go through the rights and wrongs of his long ownership of the club. However he has left an impact on the fabric of the club more than any chairman since Frederick  Rinder. Condolences to the family.

• Like 1

Damn the guy who invented the bicycle kick has died.

The footballing world will never be the same again.

RIP.