Sir Doug Ellis

Eastie

My thoughts are with his family on their loss.

So it's Ellis out. He will never be forgotten by those of us that he once described as being "mere men of the terraces."

Edited by John
  • Like 4

Piece of Villa history gone.
Hope he gets a proper sending off at our next home game against Swansea.

Will also add even more to the occasion for Dean Smith no doubt.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Doug made a lot of mistakes but he to me genuinely loved the club. He came to games even when he was looking frail and weak. My best moment of Doug was this...

Rip Doug. 

Very true, i saw him at VP this year for one of the midweek games, it was a real cold miserable affair. Looked so frail and weak but damn, he was still there. He could have been anywhere with his money.

RIP

• Like 2

RIP Doug. I for one think he was under appreciated. Saved the club, pretty much always kept us in the PL and look what other owners have done to the club since he left.

I once wrote to him when I was little because I found out he used to live in the same little village as me way back when and we exchanged a few letters. It was very good of him to take the time to write to a boy such as myself and I will always be grateful for that.

Even if you disagree with the above, he is one of our own. Villa through and through. RIP. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

When I heard the news this morning, the first thing I thought was that is absolutely peak Doug. We appoint Smith, he is set for a hero's welcome and Terry for a big welcome back against Swansea and Doug passes away bringing the spotlight back on him. I can't help but thing Doug would enjoy that somehow, he really did love being the center of attention.

RIP Doug you old rascal you'll certainly be remembered.

Typical doug???. RIP you wiley old codger! 

Fingers crossed he's left his entire fortune to be made into a trust specifically for funding the club :)

But seriously, as Trent said further up I've grown up having Doug there (or thereabouts) at all times during my life, on that note alone its a sobering piece of news. 

I can't claim to have any insight into the man so will bow to others' more informed opinions. 

Bye Doug. 

• Like 3