Dean Smith

Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

They've improved in every aspects after he left.

They've also spent more money than they ever did with him at the helm.

They were widely expected to be challenging this year, had he stayed also.

His Brentford team and play were highly rated across the game.

So.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Most pointless game of the season, everyone give it a rest for three weeks and see how the window is looking. We could be 10 points from securing ourselves in the Top Flight and going to Wembley for a League Cup Final.

Today was poor, but without our Top 2 Keepers, all 3 first choice Midfielders, first choice Striker and CB.

Yes we have issues on the wing and at Fullback. This gave the wingers a game they desperately needed, they failed. So we'll bin them off next game and put an extra CB in to help the Fullbacks. 

Last Prem game was good, Deans noticed the changes we need to make. Support him FFS

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

I am not agreeing or disagreeing......They both have form fluctuations......as my old ma would say, you could pick them with a "hat pin"

I have no idea which side I would come down on suffice to say they are both poor......but best part of 20 mill for both of them.

That's the bit I cringe at......How on earth can we sustain this buying players for high prices and get very little from them?

I agree, I think Southampton seen us coming and had a right tickle. Would have much preferred the young kid from Luton. And it pains me to think how quick we were to let Enda Stevens go and had Joe Bennett has his replacement. 

Who else but the Villa? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Was about to say.

How is it that "lesser" clubs seem to be able to unearth great talent?

Our resources should afford us to have some of the best.

Certainly the case that our academy has not produced enough over the past 20 years. Needs an overhaul.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

They've also spent more money than they ever did with him at the helm.

They were widely expected to be challenging this year, had he stayed also.

His Brentford team and play were highly rated across the game.

So.

Smith got 100+ million in the summer and can barely compete with Fulham...

2 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I agree, I think Southampton seen us coming and had a right tickle. Would have much preferred the young kid from Luton. And it pains me to think how quick we were to let Enda Stevens go and had Joe Bennett has his replacement. 

Who else but the Villa? 

but other clubs got a tune out of both of them....and for what peanuts.

I am really stuck for words.

Edited by TRO

Another defeat and poor performance where we're second best to add the the collection. Various players will get blamed as individuals as usual, but it's our work as a team where we're poorest, which has to be a problem with the coaching.

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

We lost 3 players have a semi final coming and have staying in the league to prioritise. Smith doesn't buy players. Suso does. Give it a rest you broken record

So we need a fully strength side in order to look convincing against a Championship side?

If that is the case we are already doomed this season.

Edited by villalad21

Â