Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Not loving Smith for this one. Reverts to 433 with the second team  an didnt even looked like he wanted to win. 

We should be going out to win every game get the confidence up, were not Man City, he needs to get us fighting in every game.

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Taken from the match thread. I think all the coaching staff has proven to be utterly out of the depth. 

I have never known a Villa side so loose on the ball even under Bruce and Mcleish.

We are so sloppy so half arsed. What do we do in training? What games this season have we dominated the ball?

Even Brighton with 10 ran us ragged.

We are shite utter shite. For a supposed football man Dean Smith is taking the piss serving up this shit every week. Keeping the ball and moving should be bread and butter.

We are abject. One man recieves the ball everyone else just stands still and waits for the hoof.

Nobody works for each other nobody does hard yards to provide an option, nobody runs to provide an outlet and nobody presses together.

Shit. Utter shit.

Not sure if I would go this far yet, our last Premier League performance was quite good.

2 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

But, my point was out of the two left backs we have, imo, Taylor is more dependable. 

I am not agreeing or disagreeing......They both have form fluctuations......as my old ma would say, you could pick them with a "hat pin"

I have no idea which side I would come down on suffice to say they are both poor......but best part of 20 mill for both of them.

That's the bit I cringe at......How on earth can we sustain this buying players for high prices and get very little from them?

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Not loving Smith for this one. Reverts to 433 with the second team  an didnt even looked like he wanted to win. 

We should be going out to win every game get the confidence up, were not Man City, he needs to get us fighting in every game.

sadly, I think he has too many lightweights who haven't got fight in them.

sure he tried to get Kalvin Phillips, but he needs to persevere and try again.

1 minute ago, Farlz said:

Really could've give a shit if we lost or won, totally fine with getting beat and going out today. Far more important things to worry about than the bloody FA Cup. 

Exactly this.

Our squad is completely depleted with injuries. We really don't need extra games right now. 

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

It's a shame that we're lacking genuine prospects at the club.

Was about to say.

How is it that "lesser" clubs seem to be able to unearth great talent?

Our resources should afford us to have some of the best.

My only concern is the move back to 4-3-3. Surely it would be better to get all players used to the new system if he is going to use it again. Could the new system have been a one off? I hope not because it suits us at the moment 

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Schooled by Scott Parker.

Brentford dodged a bullet.

How were we schooled? 

Until the goal Fulham were largely utter shite too, the 1st half was atrocious, boring as **** from 2 poor teams who weren't interested

Goal changed the game, Fulham sparked and we didn't 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

A game I'm quietly glad to lose as the last thing we need is more cup games, this squad isn't big enough and good enough to handle all that football.

For Smith's part, maybe it would have been better to keep the new formation, yes I would have also preferred Ramsay and Vassilev to get more minutes. However these are really small things to be upset about and you'd have to be pretty warped in the head to slam Smith for this performance.

The bottom line is that Smith had no choice but to make substantial changes to the starting 11, but this was always going to mean that we'd field a side that wouldn't finish in the top 6 in the Championship. It's not too surprising that we lost, the only thing that really surprised me is quite how poor Hourihane, Lansbury and El Ghazi can be. But that's good to know as I believe El Ghazi aside, the other two won't be here that much longer and even El Ghazi is someone to look at as he's just not consistent enough.

Agreed but it was a game systematic of the majority of games we have played this year. I have serious doubts on the coaching.

Basic lack of movement yet again. Nobody working. Sloppy passes a league 2 player would be ashamed of. Static all over the park. No style of play. No pattens.

Â