Dean Smith

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

We lost 3 players have a semi final coming and have staying in the league to prioritise. Smith doesn't buy players. Suso does. Give it a rest you broken record

You start to realise the motive. How sad and pathetic. 

5 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Most pointless game of the season, everyone give it a rest for three weeks and see how the window is looking. We could be 10 points from securing ourselves in the Top Flight and going to Wembley for a League Cup Final.

Today was poor, but without our Top 2 Keepers, all 3 first choice Midfielders, first choice Striker and CB.

Yes we have issues on the wing and at Fullback. This gave the wingers a game they desperately needed, they failed. So we'll bin them off next game and put an extra CB in to help the Fullbacks. 

Last Prem game was good, Deans noticed the changes we need to make. Support him FFS

Is there really a surprise there?

We are supporting him....beween 40 & 42,000 every match, that is the real support.

but equally, Dean needs to support us, by picking a functional side like he did last week to face a very robust & Awkward Burnley......not having a go, but he should have looked at that particularly away from home weeks ago.

but better late than never.

• Thanks 1

Just now, TRO said:

Is there really a surprise there?

We are supporting him....beween 40 & 42,000 every match, that is the real support.

but equally, Dean needs to support us, by picking a functional side like he did last week to face a very robust & Awkward Burnley......not having a go, but he should have looked at that particularly away from home weeks ago.

but better late than never.

I don't think he cared about a cup run one bit and I don't blame him  

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I don't think he cared about a cup run one bit and I don't blame him  

I suspect that too....we simply don't have the troops and the ones we have got  are not durable enough for all these games.

Just now, villalad21 said:

Hardly.

We look as appalling as we did during the Lambert years.

He finished 5th with arguably the best squad in the league last season.

Ok. Well none of that is relevant to anything mentioned. 

We became much better when he came in. We broke a club record to get promotion and are currently meeting our target for the season. 

Massive improvement on what Bruce was doing. So as I said, we got much better when he joined us. Again, what's your point with brentford doing well?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I thought it would have been an opportunity to work on the 3-4-3 again.  As the team had hardly any pace in it, everyone was just too far apart and couldnt link together.  Hopefully it'll convince Dean to scrap the 4-3-3 for a bit.

Have we got enough defenders to play the 3-4-3 again? I wouldn't risk any of the 3 that played against burnley

Just now, TRO said:

or a John Gidman or a Dennis Mortimer....I'll shut up now.

What they all had, and in abundance, was that drive to compete for every minute they were on that pitch. 

I still remember the step over by Gidman and his continuous patting down of his long hair just before he took the throw in. 

Smell them hot dogs, TRO. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

So we need a fully strength side in order to look convincing against a Championship side?

Other Premier League teams have been knocked out of cup competitions by lower league opposition.

It's not an unheard of phenomenon.

Smith performed a near miracle in getting us promoted, but we can't forever excuse defeats and poor performances because of that, and just because someone expresses disappointment with a result doesn't mean to say that they're a troll. want Smith fired, or don't think things can better. Sometimes you just have to admit when we've had a disappointing result when we should and could have done better.

• Like 1

I’d love to know what this long term plan is everyone bangs on about. To me it looks like 4-3-3 and that’s it, regardless if we have the players to suit it. 

What he should be doing is identifying what works and in bedding it throughout the squad and u23’s so that rotation and covering for injuries becomes a lot easier and less of a disruption.

Persisting with a formation that doesn’t work is counter productive

• Thanks 1

Â