Dean Smith

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, NurembergVillan said:

If we get more than 9 points from those three games I'll buy every poster in this thread a Ferrari.

happy best gif GIF

quoted for posterity.

COME ON BOYS! DON'T LET US DOWN.

Time to hit twitter to @ all the players. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

I don't think slagging off the team and manager helps, equally I think blindly accepting negative results because we 'were expected to lose' or 'weren't expected to win' is also not right. Smith isn't infallible and I've seen him make the same mistakes on several occasions which makes hard to not offer criticism. 

Teams that are worse than others on paper don't automatically lose the game; they find solutions to frustrate the opponent then unpick them at the right moments. We seem to go into games when we are playing better teams like Leicester or more organised teams like Sheffield and think we can play free flowing, attacking football and win the game and not worry about their threats. There needs to be much more diligence done on the opposition before games, and if there is already then it is either ineffective or the players aren't following instructions well enough. 

Its not a case of attacking the manager, i don't think in the main folk are.

Its a case of highlighting our shortfalls in a grown up manner.....and not interpreting it as trying to dampen some fans enthusiasm....that is not the objective.

There are realities, we must face.

We have to remember that football folk are notorious for keeping a lid on issues......Its like a siege mentality and us fans just have to try to work out ourselves whats wrong.

I cannot accept that fans that go every week can't see them issues......despite not wanting to......I don't want to.....I want to come on here raving about us.

Jack says " bad Day ".....I love Jack, but that's just Bollox.....He has to say it, but it changes nothing.

Edited by TRO

6 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

If we get more than 9 points from those three games I'll buy every poster in this thread a Ferrari.

Will quote this for future reference, just in case ;) Maybe var will award us an extra point for something, who knows

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

But we drew with Man U and we're beating Liverpool before we threw it away. Football isn't that black and white.

It’s an easy way to wind posters up though. Not the first time I’ve seen that game mentioned to have a dig at Smith. Doubt it will be the last either.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s an easy way to wind posters up though. Not the first time I’ve seen that game mentioned to have a dig at Smith. Doubt it will be the last either.

Its not like people haven't been doing the opposite as well. Talking up our performances at Man U and Liverpool to claim we're actually doing well, trying to downplay the flaws and criticisms. Both sides are guilty of doing it.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 1

It was only two weeks ago that we were playing Newcastle off the Park and getting a very creditable draw at Old Trafford.

I am sure we will get upwards of 4 points from the next 3.

We have good players, its only matter of time before that manifests itself into points.

UTV

7 minutes ago, MarkLillis said:

It was only two weeks ago that we were playing Newcastle off the Park and getting a very creditable draw at Old Trafford.

We have good players, its only matter of time before that manifests itself into points.

UTV

Fingers crossed.

Four isn't enough, has to be five minimum. Only a point more, but we need to stop teams gaining on us.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, MarkLillis said:

UTV

If we get 4 points from the next 3 games we will be in the bottom 3. Think anything less than 7 and we are in trouble, We simply have to win these games

• Like 3

Five points from the next three would be disappointing, that would mean only winning one of them, which would also mean we'd be failing to put some distance between ourselves and the other teams in the other two games, we need to be winning two of the next three at the very least and drawing the other. If we can't get points from the more difficult games, then we have to make the most of these so called easier fixtures.

5 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

That’s very generous if somewhat cautious, but if we get an extra point for some bizarre reason is it possible to swap the Ferrari for something a little more practical? I’d hate to come across as ungrateful but it’s been snowing quite heavily here today so a 4x4 pickup is really a necessity as is a tow bar. Colour I’m not so fussed about, but a decent reversing camera is always handy. Obviously there will be a fair bit of change from the cost of a Ferrari, so just stuff the cash in a carrier bag and leave it behind the drivers seat. Don’t worry I’ll use the bag again and dispose of it responsibly when it’s past useable.

Thanks and have a wonderful Christmas. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Everyone remembers the 10 in a row & promotion from last season but seems to forget that we were shit for much of the 3 months between the end of November to the end of Feb, 2 wins in 14 games (15 including fa cup) conceding nearly 2 goals every game turning being in a winning position into a loss/draw in 1/3 of those. Sure it came right in the end with an incredible run but the deficiencies were there for all to see. one of our next 2 games needs to be the equivalent of that 4-0 Derby game to try and get something started this season

I remember that time well. It was Christmas for trolls then, just like it is now.

There is a lot of the season left.We will get through this.

• Like 2

Hope he saw Brighton's really balanced 4231 tonight. They outplayed Palace for 75 mins and conceded a Wilf banger to come away with a point.

It would suit us and isn't too far away from the beloved 433.

It gives us an extra man to help defensively and gets our best player into the middle of the pitch where we need him.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Hope he saw Brighton's really balanced 4231 tonight. They outplayed Palace for 75 mins and conceded a Wilf banger to come away with a point.

It would suit us and isn't too far away from the beloved 433.

It gives us an extra man to help defensively and gets our best player into the middle of the pitch where we need him.

Tbh tend to agree a 4231 would suit us better. (With our current players)

Deane does seem completely set on 433 come hell or high water though, so can't see it.

9 hours ago, AJ said:

I remember that time well. It was Christmas for trolls then, just like it is now.

There is a lot of the season left.We will get through this.

To be fair a chunk of that time was Christmas for everyone.....🎄

Â