Dean Smith

Demitri_C

5 hours ago, avfcDJ said:

What happens if Kodjia comes in and scores no goals in 10 games. Do you then become anti Kodjia? 🛰

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥  

🚀🚀🚀🚀  🔥🔥 Kodjia🔥🔥  ☄☄☄☄ 

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥 

Edited by Dave-R

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Smith has made at least 9 changes from the previous game for every league cup game we have  played so I think we know where the priorities lie.   Saying that we have to have a strong team for the semi’s. I bet you Leicester will. 

I'm messing bro, usually people catch on lol.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

One observation I gleaned from last nights game, and i hope Dean Smith can see it and act upon it, is.......

when we are faced with teams who let us play or fail to sufficiently apply a physical challenge, as the kids did last night.....we can play, we like space and a soft opposition. We like teams who stand off against us.

We created some decent stuff, because we was allowed to.

When teams close us down or get in our faces.....we struggle to create anything, we don't seem to be able to win the fight, to play football, in such circumstances.

I hope Dean can see this when he recruits in January.

Tro with all due respect how can you glean anything against a team of kids?  They could have gone 3-0 and they would have lost. 

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Tro with all due respect how can you glean anything against a team of kids?  They could have gone 3-0 and they would have lost. 

I think it's still embarrassing for Liverpool, they thought there kids could smash us and it back fired. They were confident in winning against us I think.

There youths should of been very good for the club that they are, they made a big mistake and completely screwed up with there choices and underestimated our team I think.

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

I think it's still embarrassing for Liverpool, they thought there kids could smash us and it back fired. They were confident in winning against us I think.

There youths should of been very good for the club that they are, they made a big mistake and completely screwed up with there choices and underestimated our team I think.

Every Liverpool fan I know expected a beating so not sure where you got that from?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

That’s patently not true. They played their kids because their first team squad is in Doha trying to win the world club championship. It was pretty clear that Klopp knew the odds were on the kids losing. They prioritised the world championship  over the EFL Cup and really who can say they were wrong?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Tro with all due respect how can you glean anything against a team of kids?  They could have gone 3-0 and they would have lost

because of....

are you comprehending the point or just so pre occupied by a team of kids.....its not the kids in itself, its what the kids do or don't do in this case........its the contrast in play from Saturdays game to Tuesdays on both sides , Sheff Utd was physical, Liverpool (for obvious reasons) wasn't and how we respond  to it.Hence the disparity in results......You don't see it ..fine.

when we lose against teams who physically compete against us and then immediately win when they don't ......I think its a fair deduction.

Edited by TRO

14 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

Playing devils advocate that was a team that missed out in the play off final the previous year and was the most expensively assembled squad in the league.

I think we had 4 players start both finals so No 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

because of....

are you comprehending the point or just so pre occupied by a team of kids.....its not the kids in itself, its what the kids do or don't do in this case........its the contrast in play from Saturdays game to Tuesdays on both sides , Sheff Utd was physical, Liverpool (for obvious reasons) wasn't and how we respond  to it.Hence to disparity in results......You don't see it ..fine.

when we lose against teams who physically compete against us and then immediately win when they don't ......I think its a fair deduction.

I don't want to come off the wrong way, but I think it's you who has a bit of a preoccupation here, with physicality and being able to hold our own in a contest.

I'm not suggesting that your point is invalid or your observations inaccurate, I'm more just pointing out that winning the duels has been focus for some time for you.

I think ultimately football is a competition of athleticism, and so I totally like that being in the contest is on your mind, so it should be.

For me though it doesn't hold the weight you give to it entirely. Brains over brawn, mind over matter.

It's our intellect and imagination that gives birth to motion and enables us to interact and absorb our surrounds.

But I will refrain from crapping on as best I can.

We will lose in different manners and we will win and draw in a number of different manners, as a result of differing assets and liabilities.

Okay I had to crap on a little more :)

For me physicality and pressing is not our main weakness or concern at this stage.

We are our own worst enemies at times, and other teams have punished us as a result.

Sheffield was just one.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TRO said:

because of....

are you comprehending the point or just so pre occupied by a team of kids.....its not the kids in itself, its what the kids do or don't do in this case........its the contrast in play from Saturdays game to Tuesdays on both sides , Sheff Utd was physical, Liverpool (for obvious reasons) wasn't and how we respond  to it.Hence to disparity in results......You don't see it ..fine.

Sorry Tro. I did miss the point. Just reread your post and I agree. We do struggle against a physical challenge.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, A'Villan said:

I don't want to come off the wrong way, but I think it's you who has a bit of a preoccupation here, with physicality and being able to hold our own in a contest.

I'm not suggesting that your point is invalid or your observations inaccurate, I'm more just pointing out that winning the duels has been focus for some time for you.

I think ultimately football is a competition of athleticism, and so I totally like that being in the contest is on your mind, so it should be.

For me though it doesn't hold the weight you give to it entirely. Brains over brawn, mind over matter.

It's our intellect and imagination that gives birth to motion and enables us to interact and absorb our surrounds.

But I will refrain from crapping on as best I can.

We will lose in different manners and we will win and draw in a number of different manners, as a result of differing assets and liabilities.

Okay I had to crap on a little more :)

For me physicality and pressing is not our main weakness or concern at this stage.

We are our own worst enemies at times, and other teams have punished us as a result.

Sheffield was just one.

I have never intended to insinuate that physicality is the only ingredient.....but if you look carefully at the top teams, they employ it as a crucial part of their game.

Its a contact sport and yes the technical side is crucial too, my point always has been, i think we lack a level of physicality, that is required.....just my opinion.

I get what you are saying, but more robust teams take us and deny us the opportunity to do all the things you suggest.

"You have to win the right to play football"

I make no apologies for reciting that or any watering down of the statement.

I am passionate about applying ourselves properly and i believe executed correctly will change our fortunes.

Ps we do not have enough players who play with audacity.

Edited by TRO

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Sorry Tro. I did miss the point. Just reread your post and I agree. We do struggle against a physical challenge.

I really am aware, that i do possibly labour the point.....but I am passionate about it being an issue and i believe its holding us back.

I am hoping Dean is also aware and has it on his agenda.

I have to say, i do watch games where i see it applied, better than others, so I think its a mental approach to physicality, more than just intrinsic.

hope so anyway.

Â