Dean Smith

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

We're just not a settled side. It's like the criticism Gana got at times. When we lost he didn't contribute. Then he moved on and it was shown to be one of the better anchors in the league. 

Being in a rough patch doesn't mean the players are poor. 

image.jpeg.aae3c16ce024f6c0f950b0a43d29b8e6.jpeg

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

9 minutes ago, PatrickCousens said:

People need to chill. We've been losing because we've been up against some of the top sides in the league in consecutive matches. We got a good point at United and beat Newcastle just a couple of weeks ago . I have every confidence in Deano to get us ready for these crucial few weeks and I hope the board help him out with a striker in January. 

Holding onto this thought and hoping.

We definitely haven't been really poor in majority of our games. We've been good against the teams around us.

If they come and try to take a point, we'll trash them. If they come to try and win, it could go either way!

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Was always going to be a hard game. They are 5th for a reason.

We need at least 2 wins out the next 4 games or I fear for us and Smith.

They are 5th because they have a better manager managing inferior players. They go out on the pitch believing that they can win whereas our players clearly don't. Our fans think it is acceptable to lose to anyone in the top half of the table as they are very good sides. This negative mentality runs all through our club.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

They are 5th because they have a better manager managing inferior players. They go out on the pitch believing that they can win whereas our players clearly don't. Our fans think it is acceptable to lose to anyone in the top half of the table as they are very good sides. This negative mentality runs all through our club.

To be fair, in Smiths earlier tenure when we started to pick up steam this was EXACTLY what we were doing, and it is something he spoke about confidently and often.

I'm still holding on to my conspiracy theory that something is awry in the camp (Aside from what alot of people want to excuse it as).

The effort, closing down, passing, chasing and general demeanor and general "can't be assedness" is not reflective of Deanos attitude.

I actually think Connor might have kicked up a stink about not starting as well, he never hides his displeasure about it.

Possibility that other players feel the same too?

Are the players losing faith in the "system"? As it might be seeing a couple of them playing out of their favoured roles as well?

I'm assuming it is even more frustrating being on the bench when whatever the manager is doing doesn't seem to be working.

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He's not alone to be fair, there is a whole clique...

The whole team are performing garbage, because they don't trust him... apparently.

I know your view on this and what you say is logical. In normal circumstances I would agree that a poor player couldn't have that impact on the whole team. However, Wesley really is extraordinarily bad enough (again I know you don't agree) to be an outlier.

You can carry a player for a while and work around limitations through tactics but over time  it is going to wear on players having a front man you cant trust and fully expect to **** things up. God knows as a fan its frustrating to watch, for a player under the pressure of playing in the premier league and running the hard yards it must be soul destroying. But you'd have to view Wesley as bad I personally do to believe that to be the case. 

Edit - F**k I thought I was in the Wesley thread.

Edited by villanmac
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, MikeMcKenna said:

How do you reconcile going ‘all out for Benitez’ and ‘I am still far from wanting Dean sacked”?

If the board decide otherwise he would be my number one choice. I don't want Dean sacked though. Looks pretty clear to me that.

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I thought relegation would have humbled some fans but some absolute diva like opinions from posters in last 24 hours.

We are a big club in name only and some people need to wake up to that fact or will be constantly disappointed this season 

Absolutely this 100%

We're not even in the bottom 3 ffs.

Just now, villalad21 said:

Oh yay we're not in the bottom 3 because of goal difference. That makes me so calm!

There's no need to be such a drama queen. We've played most of the top teams away apart from Leicester and Liverpool, and we've got 3 very winnable games coming up. 

• Like 2

Just now, Zatman said:

We were a couple of days from going out of business 18 months ago. I am sure we will be fine

Don't respond to trolls man!

How he's got the stamina I don't know. He almost totally disappeared last season at times.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

There's no need to be such a drama queen. We've played most of the top teams away apart from Leicester and Liverpool, and we've got 3 very winnable games coming up. 

Don't respond to trolls.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We spent 140 mill in one summer. Do you not realize the absolute disaster relegation would be for the football club?

Everything we tried to build would go backwards and we will have to rebuild, again. With much less money.

That’s because we spent all of the seasons tv money. As far as I’m aware our wage bill is not too high either. If we went down we would lose Jack but the rest of the team would stay. I’d fancy us to come straight back up. 

But I don’t think we will go down anyway. 

39 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I thought relegation would have humbled some fans but some absolute diva like opinions from posters in last 24 hours.

We are a big club in name only and some people need to wake up to that fact or will be constantly disappointed this season 

So you are not in agreement that if the board has any ambition we should be in for Pochettino?

:ph34r:

52 minutes ago, villanmac said:

I know your view on this and what you say is logical. In normal circumstances I would agree that a poor player couldn't have that impact on the whole team. However, Wesley really is extraordinarily bad enough (again I know you don't agree) to be an outlier.

You can carry a player for a while and work around limitations through tactics but over time  it is going to wear on players having a front man you cant trust and fully expect to **** things up. God knows as a fan its frustrating to watch, for a player under the pressure of playing in the premier league and running the hard yards it must be soul destroying. But you'd have to view Wesley as bad I personally do to believe that to be the case. 

Edit - F**k I thought I was in the Wesley thread.

This I totally agree with, but let's be real, bar Wesley, they haven;t even been able to pass to EACH other or retain possession recently.

I definitely agree with you about "trust" in the final third or any other part of the pitch for that matter.

If what some people feel is true, and the players REALLY don't trust him to the point where they won't pass to him, then it is a major bollock dropped by Deano to keep him in isn't it - not his own fault?

However in interviews last week when speaking on the subject Deano said "He has the trust of his teammates and thats the most important thing. (Although would he say anything else? Would senior players approach him and say "with all due respect gaffer we think Wesley is holding us back? Who knows)

It makes it worse for both him, AND the team.

You will have disgruntled players, and a player lacking confidence being destroyed even further.

Everything is just a bit bizarre right now imo.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

52 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So you are not in agreement that if the board has any ambition we should be in for Pochettino?

:ph34r:

I think Pochettino wouldn’t be gettable for us at the moment, regardless of future ambitions. He’s been touted for Man U and Bayern Munich. Now personally between those two and us, there’s only one team I’d choose, but I’m not sure Mr Pochettino has the same sort of love in his heart that I do for the team born under a gas lamp. 

All very hypothetical anyway. 

11 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I think Pochettino wouldn’t be gettable for us at the moment, regardless of future ambitions. He’s been touted for Man U and Bayern Munich. Now personally between those two and us, there’s only one team I’d choose, but I’m not sure Mr Pochettino has the same sort of love in his heart that I do for the team born under a gas lamp. 

All very hypothetical anyway. 

Your sarcasm detector must be off mate.

Again I spend too much time of Facebook fan groups, those are suggestions I've seen seriously made.

• Like 1

Â