Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Either I am missing something here or everybody else is.What has DS actually done ? 

Has he ever won promotion

Has he ever finished in the play-offs

Has he ever won the FA Cup

Has he ever won the Lge Cup

His teams apparently play good football but thats all they do,they never win anything they just play good football.So what we have to look foreward to is a team that wins nothing but plays good football.I thought the new owners were more ambitious than that....maybe not, as they have given him a new contract.

Correct me if I am wrong on any of the above.I live in Australia and watch the PL but I am not up with the play with the championship or below.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

17 minutes ago, sne said:

No I absolutely think we should.

But Wesley is sadly terrible at positioning himself where you'd expect a center forward to be and his runs into the box are mistimed when it comes to getting right for crosses.

Our other attacking players (El Ghazi excluded) are a bit on the short side so it's crosses on the ground if we are going to score.

You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.

Seriously though that's something he can work on and develop.

Plus I've seen Wes make at least one well timed and positioned run into the box to get on the end of a cross.

I'm of the philosophy that if I play you a pass and you're trying your best to receive and it doesn't come off, it might've been a good idea but it wasn't a good enough pass.

Wes won't be able to shoulder and doesn't deserve the stigma he's receiving right now.

1 minute ago, A'Villan said:

You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.

Seriously though that's something he can work on and develop.

Plus I've seen Wes make at least one well timed and positioned run into the box to get on the end of a cross.

I'm of the philosophy that if I play you a pass and you're trying your best to receive and it doesn't come off, it might've been a good idea but it wasn't a good enough pass.

Wes won't be able to shoulder and doesn't deserve the stigma he's receiving right now.

I'm sure he's made more than 1 well timed run into the box :D 

But he's played 1442 minutes of PL football this season over 17 games and not made even close to enough of those runs.

He might learn to, or our players might learn his "unconventional" movement patterns. But as it is now it must be H''l for our players having to play "Where's Wesley" every time they look up and he's not where he's expected to be.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

Either I am missing something here or everybody else is.What has DS actually done ? 

His teams apparently play good football but thats all they do,they never win anything they just play good football.So what we have to look foreward to is a team that wins nothing but plays good football.I thought the new owners were more ambitious than that....maybe not, as they have given him a new contract.

Correct me if I am wrong on any of the above.I live in Australia and watch the PL but I am not up with the play with the championship or below.

Promotion: Tick

Play-offs: Tick

FA Cup: No

Leage Cup: Semi-final

Smith will be removed if the owners believe he is no longer the man to take us forward and achieve the goals that we have.

7 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

You are missing something.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, sne said:

I'm sure he's made more than 1 well timed run into the box :D 

But he's played 1442 minutes of PL football this season over 17 games and not made even close to enough of those runs.

He might learn to, or our players might learn his "unconventional" movement patterns. But as it is now it must be H''l for our players having to play "Where's Wesley" every time they look up and he's not where he's expected to be.

The mark of a true visionary and facilitator with the ball anticipates where the sweet spot is for his receiver and delivers it on a silver platter.

We ridicule Wes but how's the delivery been from Trezeguet, El Ghazi and Jota? Targett and Guilbert (the latter better than the former imo).

Sure Grealish, McGinn and Luiz can all ping a superb ball in but they are all central and vertical passes are hard to run onto unless they thread the needle.

9 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

We ridicule Wes but how's the delivery been from Trezeguet, El Ghazi and Jota? Targett and Guilbert (the latter better than the former imo).

There's been plenty of crossing. Wes is just nowhere to be seen

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

I would think 70% of your posts are Wesley related. What happens if Kodjia comes in and scores no goals in 10 games. Do you then become anti Kodjia?

Not too fuzzed about the lack of goals. More that he isn't able to control a football.

25 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Not too fuzzed about the lack of goals. More that he isn't able to control a football.

Yeah, maybe you and wesley could get together, he could learn to control the ball, and you could learn to control your bad posting habit.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Promotion: Tick

Play-offs: Tick

FA Cup: No

Leage Cup: Semi-final

Smith will be removed if the owners believe he is no longer the man to take us forward and achieve the goals that we have.

Smith has his priorities all wrong if we win the cup yet get relegated 🤔😉

One observation I gleaned from last nights game, and i hope Dean Smith can see it and act upon it, is.......

when we are faced with teams who let us play or fail to sufficiently apply a physical challenge, as the kids did last night.....we can play, we like space and a soft opposition. We like teams who stand off against us.

We created some decent stuff, because we was allowed to.

When teams close us down or get in our faces.....we struggle to create anything, we don't seem to be able to win the fight, to play football, in such circumstances.

I hope Dean can see this when he recruits in January.

Edited by TRO

11 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

Yeah he won promotion with us and finished in the play-offs with us and for Brentford he built about 3 different top half squads because ehis best players kept getting poached and they remained successful.

And the only 2 cups he could have entered are only ever won by prem teams I don't think there has been a non-prem team win a cup in my life time. 

11 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Smith has his priorities all wrong if we win the cup yet get relegated 🤔😉

Smith has made at least 9 changes from the previous game for every league cup game we have  played so I think we know where the priorities lie.   Saying that we have to have a strong team for the semi’s. I bet you Leicester will. 

Â