Dean Smith

Demitri_C

57 minutes ago, ozvillain said:

I don’t understand this thread did I miss 10 weeks and are we winless in November?

Nope m8, its worse than that, we lost 2/2 versus the champions league runners up and a good Bournemouth side, but we are now eating ourselves again and debating when our manager gets the boot cus we just love imploding as a fan base, we also are loving talking about ending the long term club stability plan and supporting our manager, one of our own, and just discussing effing off the manager cus.......why not got nuffin better to whine about cus we arent challenging for the top 6 after spending the value of 1 x Harry Kane in the transfer market.

weirdly after the 10 game winning run and the wembley success, i almost forgot how fickle and quick to turn our fan base is.

I have been dutifully reminded the last two weeks though, makes me a bit sad tbh.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 3

Wow, 2 games into the new season and been beaten by a top 6 team and champions league finalists and then taught a lesson by Bournemouth and already some folks are getting twitchy about DS....

Terrytini made a great comment earlier...

Come on let's get real here, Villa are learning some harsh lessons in raising their game, the season has just started, fitness and stamina levels increasing. Let's trust the players and staff. We are a long way off the dizzy heights of being a mid table team. Just let's get behind the team and stop bloody whinging...

Big fat sam, Moynes, "the special one", Mick McCarthy and Pullis all say hello we want a job......!

VTID

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ozvillain said:

I don’t understand this thread did I miss 10 weeks and are we winless in November?

Just for some perspective on this point.

Going in to November last year there were 8 teams with less than 10 points after 10 games. it is not uncommon for a whole bunch of teams to have 0/1/2/3 wins after 3 games.

Below are the tables after 10 games for each of the last 3 seasons with the teams that ended up going down marked.

It isn't panic stations yet

2018/19

u4ufgw1.jpg

2017/18

FY70KIS.jpg

2016/17

sNdgFxA.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Just for some perspective on this point.

Going in to November last year there were 8 teams with less than 10 points after 10 games. it is not uncommon for a whole bunch of teams to have 0/1/2/3 wins after 3 games.

Below are the tables after 10 games for each of the last 3 seasons with the teams that ended up going down marked.

It isn't panic stations yet

2018/19

u4ufgw1.jpg

2017/18

FY70KIS.jpg

2016/17

sNdgFxA.jpg

So basically if we are 15th or below after 10 games, we have roughly a 50% chance of being relegated.

Aditionally only roughly 50% of the club's in the bottom 3 after 10 games actually got relegated.

41 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Anyone calling for Dean Smith to be sacked or is unhappy with him really needs to give their head a wobble. Most (roughly) fans would be happy with 17th.. I'm fairly certain Smith won't be, he wants better than that

I go as far as to say anyone not 100% behind him, well they don't really understand football. Give it a few weeks and any doubters will be hushed!

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, New_Hope said:

And a win tomorrow and the same posters will be creaming all over him.....I swear there is a word to describe such behaviour but can't quite remember what it is 🤔🤔😁😁

Now what was that word again??? 😂😂😂

And gonna get in there first before you know who and say......I thought Smith got it wrong tonight!!! 😂😂😂😂😂

Â